Slump

Hi , used to live in country, North Devon. Badgers digging up garden etc , moles . Neighbour 90 old farmer told us how to kill both . Will not mention how & would never try . Just put up with them. Good speaking David.

@Ingo66 he looks beautiful and will no doubt be a great companion. I’m sure he has found a very good home with you and hopefully he’ll help with your anxiety too.

It seems a bit stupid but I put you tube on type in funny animals and just watch it for ten minutes I find I’m totally relaxed and uplifted for having a laugh and in no time at all 3 hours have gone bye give it a go you have nothing to lose for trying. I hope you get through this soon. It’s been the hardest thing to tackle for me since my stroke and honestly I haven’t thought of taking every one of my medication tablets and never having to wake up again for a good while now. Stay strong and good luck getting well.

3 Likes

Shwmae @Ingo66 (Mark), I had my cats before stroke. After stroke, my cat Daisy can stress me out, usually if she is being demanding. What I found works is to ignore her when she is being demanding, and to purposefully pay attention to her when I am ready, so I don’t feel guilty about ignoring her. It’s extra stimulus, so expect your brain to be calculating what Buster is doing as you also try to manage what you are doing. Buster looks like a character and I hope he settles in nicely. A cat’s purr is used for numerous things, and one is to heal the cat, some people believe that it can also help to heal others, well, in any case, it can be calming and help relaxation.

1 Like

I had a rest day today, got up at 1 pm. I have such a small window of opportunity everyday.

Hi Rups, thanks for the reassurance. I was really happy he came and slept on our bed last night. I take that as a good sign. Thankfully my wife is very good at getting him down quickly and saying no when he jumps up where he shouldn’t. It will be a few more days of constant education for where and what he can go/do. Also encouraging that he ate, drank and came down in the night to use the litter tray. All good signs that he is settling in well.
No purring yet but allows lots of strokes and cuddles. We were told (and it’s true) that he’s very chatty, but the cute noises he makes all the time are rather endearing (like Simon’s cat).

Glad you had a restful recovery day yesterday and hope you feel some benefit today

Thanks again for listening and being there. I find so much comfort from this forum, it’s a life saver (& I’m not a social media fan so this is somewhat alien).

Diolch yn fawr iawn
Mark

1 Like

Hi Rups, why when I do so little, on certain days, so shattered?
Other days, potter about, I can accept it more. Brain always thinking, too much. :grin: . David.

1 Like

Just gorgeous. It will take time for Buster to settle in from both his side and yours, he looks pretty special though, all the best, Julia :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Thanks Julia, he’s doing brilliantly well and I’m in a great place at the moment. I’m working from home and he’s lying on sofa next to me. He is the perfect addition to our family.

1 Like

Yes, David, it’s a funny, old organ. I over-think all the time and it knackers me senseless, it also means I am not getting proper rest.

Hi Rups , bed earlier? David.

Most nights I am in bed by 9:30 pm, but it means I am usually still awake by 1 am. I know I am supposed to not lie in bed awake, but getting up produces the same result. I think it must be associated with my mood. It’s something I will eventually address, I seem to be the odd one out with my peers, because if I wake up, I can easily go back to sleep. :grin:

1 Like

Dear Rups,
I know exactly what you mean. I had a stroke at the end of last year, although fortunately not a bad one, but my brain is definitely not working as it should and I do get very tired easily. There are days when I think “oh good, I am on the road to recovery” and then I have a day when all I want to do is sleep. I guess we just have to be thankful for each day and live it one day at a time. Take care and be kind to yourself.

1 Like

@Nicky3 welcome to the forum. Hope you find it as useful as I am. Your comments resonate with me. I had my stroke early Dec and when I’m having a better day I think great I’m progressing well then I get a row of bad days and then feel despondent again. It is about pacing yourself and trying not to overdo it. It’s working out where that point is that’s the difficult bit. Best of luck with your recovery x

Hi @Nicky3 and welcome, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of helpful advice from others with shared experiences on here
I’m 8 months on from my stroke and whilst doing pretty well I’m finding fatigue very difficult. It seems to be getting worse as I have been slowly increasing my hours at work and gets harder to fit in the excercise required for recovery.
Would be nice to know I could reduce to half my original hours without the loss of earnings but that’s fanciful unfortunately

I wish you all the best with your recovery.
Mark

Diolch @Nicky3, I had OCD as a child, and for all of my adult life was on top of it, until now, when I feel as if my injury has resurfaced some of the habits. I am working on this now with CBT. It’s hard work because I have to revisit emotions, and find this exhausting but hopefully it will all be for the benefit of a smoother journey forward.

Thanks @Mahoney it is reassuring that others have very similar after effects. Doesn’t make it any easier though :rofl:. Good to know even if work and other ‘normal’ people don’t understand at least you lovely ladies and gents do.

Thanks Loshy. Yes I am discovering that. Thank you for your kind words.
Nicky :blush:

1 Like

Hi Mahoney,

Thank you. I do find it frustrating when I have a few good days and then suddenly I want to sleep for England! Just like today! I hear what you are saying but it is hard isn’t it. Even looking at emails and post is taxing on the brain and I don’t always want to do it. Thank you for all your kind words though.

Best wishes to you too.

Thank you Mrs5K. Sorry to hear you had had a stroke early December. What you are saying is exactly how I feel (bit despondent today as I had to sleep after Pilates). I suppose we should all be grateful for how far we have come and not look at the negatives, although that is not always easy. Best of luck with your recovery too.