Shower

Sunday shower

Every Sunday I have the same thing with my bad left foot it curls under and is difficult to place so my good lady flattens it after placement to ensure my ankle doesn’t double under me as I shift from one leg to the other.
What she noticed this week how much better I was able to put the foot this week tan a few months ago , small progress but I’m taking it.

6 Likes

All progress is good progress Mark. Having a flat foot makes everything better. Learn to trust it and just maybe it will stsy flat for you. Enjoy your shower buddy.

Hows your job going? Well i hope.

I had a few steps barefoot this morning, first time in ages ive been able to do that

3 Likes

Good advice Andy, the trust is coming. The Jo b continues on Monday back in to teams meeting s and preparing a power point presentation. Hopefully it will expand to a permanent position.

3 Likes

Job sounds positive Mark and remember to take it steady and rest when you feel tired.
Fingers crossed it becomes permanent - a big psychological lift towards normality.

Keep us posted sir

Andy

2 Likes

Yes thanks Andy a level of pleasure and success now as could’ve never expected to have been possible 2 years earlier , will keep you posted on progress.

3 Likes

Hi just seen a advertisement on television fir this mat you can put in the shower your feet sink into it fou grip it let’s the water through and grips the shower base so it’s non slip sell it at a lot of stores and Asda it’s £14.99 looks good

4 Likes

@mrfrederickson that’s great Mark, hopefully it will continue that way now which should in turn aid your walking. A real positive for you.

Hope you do get a permanent position with your job too.

2 Likes

Yes considering what a winger I am it must be good to seeing me more positive for a change, but always a little bit further as mark billingham would say

2 Likes

Thanks mrs5k, light at the end of the tunnel.

3 Likes

This is more need the money rather than love of work, if I reach pension age I will stop unless money is still a problem

4 Likes

Superb Mark… one step forward is progress x. Keep on going with those steps buddy

2 Likes

Will do Andy I wear shower shoes in the shower but want to weight myself and my boots are too big to stand on the scales

The sower shoes have no ankle.support so not sure how to do it

2 Likes

Thanks Mahoney let’s hop more come in the near future

3 Likes

Yes Lorraine stamina is more of an issue than before the stroke sadly

2 Likes

Is going on the scales barefoot an option? Or maybe get some crocs???
Ive bought some for my trips to the hydrotherapy pool ar the gym…

2 Likes

Beaver foot or sandals

2 Likes

Clogs i guess youd call them with the movable ankle strap

2 Likes

Yes seen it too but will stick with my sup grippy shoes on top of the grippy shower tray

My worry is slippping off the scales themselves

2 Likes

Yes Lorraine the big screen makes my eyes tired so hopefully I can crest and get finished tomorrow

2 Likes

It’s the right foot with me that has that tendency to curl, along with the drop foot issue. I got a TENS and muscle stimulator for my birthday, so today’s the first time I’ve used it. I mainly got it for that darn foot curl so fingers crossed it helps :crossed_fingers:

I placed the electrode pads on outside of my shin above the ankle and below the knee and watched it go to work. Fascinating to watch muscles twitch and rippling and my foot curling the opposite way to what it usually tries to do. So it going in the right direction, just hope it can eventually continue that way. I’ve had one broken ankle in my life, don’t need another :laughing:

2 Likes