Shoulder pain

Evening all,
I’m 2.5 years into my stroke recovery, getting used to. The day to day things, getting to know what I can do and can’t do, not to mention the fatigue but I have a new hiccup, pain in my left shoulder, can’t fully rotate, heavy, numb, tight.
Just wondering if anyone else has this, any advise, any ideas.
Thanks for reading,
From Marianne x
(Who continues to row her little boat in the big ocean)

@Pink_rose hi I’m sorry I cannot be of help but hopefully someone may be able to advise. Hope it eases soon best wishes.

1 Like

Hi @Pink_rose could it be a frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) that can be quite painful or shoulder subluxation.

Speak to your GP they may be able to help.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Best wishes

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem for six years, but without too much pain. The tightness is always there. However, the shoulder works, although the arm doesn’t lift as far. I go to three exercises classes a week and these include shoulder rolls, shrugs, lifting the arm above the shoulder (which I can’t do) and various other exercises including muscle building.

Stroke is a brain injury and kills brain cells controlling certain functions of our bodies. I am realistic and realise my shoulder tightness is something I have to live with whilst always trying to improve shoulder functioning. My left hand also lacks sensitivity and can only carry light objects. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

1 Like

@Pink_rose I found my shoulder stiffened up as I wasn’t using my arm as much. I got given physio exercises to do which involved stretching my arm & trying to raise it above my head. If I couldn’t do it then I’d use my good hand to lift it or got my hubby to do it for me. I had to push through the pain a little…but not too much. I’d try seeing if your GP can refer you for some physio or at least get them to check what’s causing the difficulties.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.
Next step have a chat with my GP.
Thanks,
Marianne x

1 Like