Sharing some positive news

Just wanted to share some good news with you all. A lot has been happening in my recovery world lately.

Had an offer accepted on our house and one accepted on the bungalow we are looking to buy.
Downsizing has included donating some furniture to a Nigerian family who are moving here with their dad who is a theatre nurse at my local hospital.

Im restarting a few hours work from 1st May…my employers gave been brilliant throughout.

My car is on order through the awesome Motability scheme. Due in a few weeks.

Finally my physio harnessed me up to a treadmill today and ive been walking much more normally on it for what fwkt like ages but really was just a few minutes… he had to stop me as i wanted to carry on and keep on keeping on (@Bobbi - birthday boy).

Im absolutely buzzing and having accepted my stroke, my currently disabled state, adapted my life as a resultwith the love and care of my amazing family and friends and the expertise of the professionals…

Life is good - different but definitely good.

I wish you all a Good Friday and a very enjoyable weekend, whatever you can and want to do - keep happy and let the grey clouds bugger off somewhere else.

Much love to all

Andy xxx…

Ps now to sort the washing out while Julie is at work xxx

15 Likes

Thanks a million Loraine xxx.

How are you doing ?

Just ready to go and put 2nd load on !!! Lol…

Lots of love.
Andy xxx

3 Likes

I really like those words, real poetry that is, Andy.

Glad you are on the upswing. It is always uplifting to hear good news, as always,

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Cheers Birthday Monkey!!!

76 going well so far young man?
X

A blokey hug and :kiss: for your birthday x

3 Likes

Great news, You’ve really cheered me up following my recent rant. We downsized to a 2 bedroom bungalow 2 years ago. We have since built a large extension on the rear and now have a large open plan kitchen living room which has made such a difference to our lives, with lots of room for visiting grown up kids and grandchildren. I can honestly say it’s the best thing we’ve done. Good luck with your house negotiations, hope it all goes well for you and your family.

Keep on keeping on with your recovery, sounds like you are going great guns. A big well done to you.
Regards Sue

2 Likes

@TRFCANDY53 so lovely to see so much positive news. Everything coming togethet all at once :partying_face::partying_face:

Exciting times ahead for you. There will be no stopping you soon.

Accepting & finding ways to adapt to things we’d rather not have is a great way to deal with lufe.

No reason why version 2 Andy can’t be just as good or better than Version 1.

Have a fab weekend xx

3 Likes

Thanks Sue that a really lovely message to read xx. The one we sre looking to buy has a gmdorma with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom for our lads to have their own floor!!!
The downstairs space is ideal for us wirh an orangery etc!!!
Love the sound of your place though x

Justboff to put the finsl washing on before my wife gets in from work x

Hope you have a lovely weekend

2 Likes

Nice one Andy! Good news is fab! Stay strong, carry on and have an excellent w/e guys. Carole xx

3 Likes

Many thanks Jane xx kind of you to say x

1 Like

Thanks Carole xx.

The same to you xx

2 Likes

This is great news for you and making positive strides on the treadmill too.

You do get a buzz from out of it, especially when you can see such promise and hope for the future with it all Keep it coming, you’re moving ever onwards and upwards :smile:

2 Likes

Lovely to read such a positive post. I hope you are very happy in your new home. Anne

2 Likes

Thanks Anne - we WILL be x

2 Likes

That’s excellent news…

2 Likes

Thanks very much Adrian.

Welcome club no one wants to join.

Its a group full of caring empathetic knowledgeable people who all have ine thing in common - we are all stroke survivors .

2 Likes

Can I ask you about the treadmill ? My physio recommended one to me, she was saying that she found the sub conscious took over ? Ie you didn’t need to think about walking pre stroke and this was a good thing to try to get that sub conscious back in charge ?
Wonder what you thught ?

3 Likes

I was harnessed up to it so could only use my legs mainly and thats what my physio wanted to see - no thinking about walking or how to walk and just the actual walking. Which is pretty much what happened.
And the other thing was the speed , the faster the treadmill was set at - the easier it was to walk…

1.5 mph lol

3 Likes

The conscious v the subconscious mind is why im going to look at hypnosis which others on here have mentioned trying.

1 Like

Evening @Nigelglos. I can only speak from what I have found but I do think that there is a subconscious muscle memory. My physio gets me to slowly do an exercise that is hard due to coordination/memory issues initially, but by the 3rd or 4th repetition it’s like I’ve reawakened/remembered the muscle/nerve pathway and can carry on easier repetitions without having to think so hard-it’s actually worse when I do think about it. The same on the treadmill- once I’ve got it it is easier at a faster pace as I’m no longer thinking about it like @TRFCANDY53 mentionned. Just my personal experience (21 months post stroke). Food for thought…, all the best,
Julia

3 Likes

Youre right @JuliaH my physio tells me to stop thinking and that the harder i think the less clear the signals are getting through.
He kikened it to talking to achild or a puppy - the harder you think then its like shouting at a muscle to move. The calmer snd more relaxed you are the better the outcome during recovery

3 Likes