Sharing my birthday with you

This Forum is a place of sharing for we who have experienced a Stroke,
for us, but also for our partners, carers, family, friends and acquaintances.

I have shared much here and today I am pleased to share another tid-bit of my day to day life.

Today is my birthday.
It is an exceptional day. I shared this birthday with my paternal grandfather and also Her Majesty the Queen. They are both gone now, but I am not alone. Today I celebrate life, love and what they bring.

I was born under the sign of Taurus, seventy six years ago. and I love nothing more than tearing about like a bull in a china shop.

I opened my emails this morning, at 6am, being an early riser. and found something I am so proud and joyful to have received. It is from my ever loving and creative wife, Hilary.

I can say no more, but want to include it here for all to see.

I am pleased and proud to be hers. I think this might be my best birthday ever.

I want to laugh and cry and shout out loud . . .

Keep on keepin on
:smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

I want to invite you all to join me in celebrating birthdays, of whoever and whichever day they are on.

Raise a glass or a cup of tea in a toast:-

keep on
as ever
keepin on

:smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

A very very happy birthday to you Bob x. Such a lovely thoughtful funny card from @HHilary too xx. Summing her up and i guess your relationship.

Your 1st post stroke birthday and one you say is your best ond yet.

Enjoy your special day young man xx.

I echo your thoughts a lot as i too had an awesome 1stpost stroke birthday a few weeks ago x. Only im a Ram like @Loshy rather than a bull like your very good self.

Enjoy Bob you thoroughkt deserve it x

3 Likes

Have a wonderful Birthday

1 Like

Homemade cards are always more precious. Well made Hillary.I’ll be raising a glass to that rascal Bobi tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY O BEARDED ONE XXX. Paul

4 Likes

@Bobbi happy birthday

2 Likes

Happy Birthday :birthday: Bobbi, I love the sweet message from your wife.

I hope you have a fantastic day.

Many happy returns!
From another Ram (luckily we don’t butt heads with the Bulls as we would probably come off worse :joy:).

2 Likes

@Bobbi a very happy happy birthday to you. I hope you have a wonderful day. Love the card from @HHilary very lovely words.

From one Taurean to another

4 Likes

@Loshy my birthday is in May. I’ll share my card when i get it :grin:

3 Likes

Youll get lots of cards, Ann. i’m sure xxx

1 Like

@TRFCANDY53 hopefully will get a few. I do like a birthday card or 2 :grin: one of my friends is going to take me for afternoon tea for my birthday present. I can’t wait :grin::grin:

4 Likes

This is ordered to be delivered for later:

1. Hot and sour soup [vegetable]
  2. Crispy Aromatic Duck
  3. Crispy Pork Spring Rolls (6)
  4. Prawn Crackers
  5. Steamed Roast Pork Buns (3)
  6. Chips
  7. Banana Fritter
  8. Pineapple Fritter
  9. Special in Satay with Black bean sauce [+ fried noodles with beansprouts]

I think we are going to be very full.

Meanwhile, I’m anxiously watching out of the window waiting for delivery of a couple of hard drives for Hilary’s computer.

3 Likes

That sounds a bit yummy @Bobbi Can I come and help you eat it all?

No Cake!

Emm well I suppose 76 candles would burn the house down, so maybe not.

This will have to do…

3 Likes

@HHilary think @Bobbi has ordered enough for us all to join you for tea :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I’d faint if I had to blow all those candles out :grin::grin: xx

2 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBI!! AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSITIVE ENERGY, THAT I KNOW HAS HELPED SO MANY OF US ON THIS WEBSITE. :birthday::heart: :birthday: JEANNE

2 Likes

:tada:Happy Birthday Bobbi :partying_face: :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy birthday Bobbi,

Here’s a photo of 76 Trombones (you’ll have to imagine they’re playing Happy Birthday…)

3 Likes

How lovely of your lovely wife. You should have two birthdays each year, one real one and one on the anniversary of your stroke. To be honest, it’s just an excuse to have more cake!! Happy Birthday young man!

3 Likes

Shwmae Bobbi and penblwydd hapus, I know I am late to the party, but wishing you a wonderful post-birthday day from another Taurean. :ox::ox::ox:

2 Likes

@cordelia
well hello, I think you are likely a bad influence, just the sort I would have to allow to lead me astray.
Cake? Did you mention cake? If you did then I must agree an extra portion each year on a day devoted to cake would not go against my belief system.
Thank you kindly for your good wishes, but you should have mentioned this earlier. I’ve missed my extra cake day for this year now. I’ll definitely not be missing it next year.

@Rups
well met, one of the finer star signs, to be sure. Many thanks for the post birthday wishes.

:+1:

1 Like