Returning to work

All the very best to you

1 Like

Hi,

Wish you all the best.

Im looking at returning end of May, had a meeting with work,but there unsure if they can do more than 4 weeks on phased return, said they dont have anyone to cover me :weary:.
Also they need me back full time.
Even said i would have to go on a stage 3 long term sick.

Basically if you can’t do full donr bother coming back, which is now putting me under more pressure.

I was going to ask Occupational health is i could go onto 4 days a week, but dare not ask now.

Bev :blush:

1 Like

Hi Bev, @kermit69 please don’t let them pressure you into something that you can’t or don’t want to do. Surely they have to cover you if you’re off so covering whilst you’re on a phased return is no different.

They should make reasonable adjustments for you. What’s reasonable depends on where you work. I would definitely request an occupational health assessment as they can recommend all sorts that might help with a return to work.

Good luck & hope you manage to get something that suits you sorted.

Ann xx

1 Like

Thanks Ann,

Yes i have to have another meeting with them before i return.

I know its because there struggling,but told them i will go at my own pace, as was told to build up over 12 weeks.

Have a Lovely Bank Holiday

Bev X

2 Likes

Thankyou Mahoney,

After weeks of battling, theyve finally agreed on a phased return.

Starting with 1 day a week for few weeks,then gradually increasing over 12 weeks to full time.

All im getting frim them is, why you coming back, its so hard at the moment, you wont cope.

They asked if i wanted to add any questions to the notes at my welfare visit.

I said stop being so negative (dont think they will add that ) :rofl:

2 Likes

@kermit69 good to hear your employer has agreed a phased return. Hopefully the plan will provide some flexibility on increasing your hours. Your employer does seem to be a bit pessimistic though.

Good luck with your return. Let us know how it goes x

1 Like

UPDATE…

Well i returned today to work for 6 hours, Tired doesnt even touch.

I was in a bit of a Tizz first thing & was a little apprehensive going in today, there was only myself and my Manager in, was so calm,

So glad i got rhrough those doors,slow steps to gradually build up over 3 months.

Glad i did it :blush:

2 Likes

Thankyou Loshy,

I most certainly will.

Have a Lovely evening :blush:

1 Like

Thankyou Mahoney,

1 day a week for 3 weeks,gradually adding a day for further 3 weeks.

Feels good to get back out ther wish all others the same too.

:blush:

1 Like

@kermit69 well done on getting through day 1. Thats a big hurdle to clear. Rest up now before your next working day.

You should be proud.

Best wishes.

Ann x

Hi Marney,

Unable to open the link.

Bev x

Hi, I’m quite new to this group, my stroke was 5 weeks ago. I have been dipping in and out of threads covering vision loss and returning to work. You mentioned above your vision returned after 12 weeks. Can I ask what type stroke you had and the effect on your vision?
I am 49. I had a right occipital infract affectin the thalamus. Although I lost all mobility down my left side it returned pretty quickly, but is weak. I also lost the peripheral vision in my left eye. My vision issues are further complicated in that I have no vision in my right eye following a childhood accident. You.mentioned your vision returned after 12 weeks; did you do any rehabilitation for your sight or other than wait? Thanks for your time, also hope your return to work is going well. Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura,

Thankyou for you message.

I had a Intracerebral Haemorrhage, my Vison was like this in my left eye for approx 12-16 weeks. I didnt do anything apart from resting.

My eye site has deteriorated a lot from my last eye test.

Hope you are getting stronger each day X

1 Like

Thankyou Mahoney,

Ive been back 6 weeks now full time, its definitely exhausting.

I spoke with my Line manager to ask if i could maybe go on 4 days a week, but was told straight no, his words were you have declared yourself fit for work.

So gave it up asking him in end.

Hope your well.

2 Likes

Doesn’t display much empathy !

Are you managing?
What impact would result if you left?
Are jobs you’d want easy to find?

Hi Simon,

To be honest were tuping over in next 18 months, so hanging in as will have 20yrs service under my belt,so hopefully be able to take redundancy. :grinning:

2 Likes

Makes sense & it’s not long…
Hang in there :slight_smile: