Residual effects of a TIA

Hi, I only had to stay in A&E until blood pressure came down to 170/110. I was in around 7or 8 hours. No word of time off work just not to drive for a month. No mri but had ct scan. I truly think I’m discharged unless I bring something to my GP surgery. Don’t really get to see GPS there unless really needed. Mostly seen by practice nurse or nurse practitioner. I did ask to see gp but instead I saw blood pressure nurse who went and spoke to gp then came back and told me if I still had symptoms after a month to go back.
Might full in e-consult form tomorrow as they discourage you from phoning.
On day I reported inital symptoms I waited 6 hours for call back but that time I did see gp who was very kind.
My speak can be effected too, especially when I’m really tired

1 Like

Econsult is a good way of gettinv intouch with GP. i use it instead of hanging on phone for hours. I never fail to be amazed by the difference in care we all receive despite their being NICE guidance on the level of care we should get. I agree with @Loshy ref MRI. They are more detailed & may show up more.

Wishing you all the best.

Ann x

1 Like

@EmaR0se
Evening.

My opinion only but I think you still have work to be done.

And I’d never wish to take anything away from practice staff but you deserve a GP consultation at the very least. In fact, I vaguely recall a stroke survivor on this forum who went back through A&E to be seen again - and correctly.

Wishing you well - and feel free to keep us posted?

Jonty.

1 Like

Thank you everyone.

I will see how I get on. So glad to have this place to come for advice and of course stroke UK site as they don’t even give you an info leaflet at hospital and when I left I was still struggle with memory so can’t recall much of what was said that week

1 Like

No I’m in Scotland.

Nice to chat, and thanks for support

1 Like

I’m about 4 hours north of there

1 Like

Hi Ann, I know this is an older post, but for some reason I don’t get replies or messages to say I have replied etc … I have been on low rate DLA for mobility and care for a number of years… but on advice I asked them to look at it again and my doctors gave me copies of all the hospital letters they had received … result ?? I got awarded high rate for care … so it was worth it … it means among other things, I can pay to get some help with the heavier housework or garden …

2 Likes

Just wondering if maybe you’ve turned something off in your settings perhaps?

I just wonder about this forum software in total.

I’ve turned on ‘watching’ for a lot of stuff and I’m still getting threads like this one that I squirrel out today and I’ve never seen any of it before.
As you know I’ve posted several times about navigation because I want to see the new stuff - and incidentally I want to stop seeing the “can you think of a animal beginning with the next letter in the alphabet because that doesn’t have anything to do with my stroke journey”

I’ve read the documentation, experimented, the only thing that is left is to conclude it’s my strokey brain !

2 Likes

I doubt it’s to do with your stroke as I similar issues with this platform on another forum. I just gave up trying to resolve it in the end as I could never get to the bottom of it either…and that was long before my stroke. And on that forum there were always 1 particular post that I new of that I never seemed to get update notifications for no matter how I tweaked my settings.

I do know I missed a lot of posts when I first joined for the first few months while I was still struggling with my staying power and difficulty reading long posts.

1 Like