Research

I have just been contacted by involvement in research. It would be a real challenge for me to get involved as I have difficulty concentrating. I don't know if this is a stroke thing or the various other things I have had since my stroke. Has anyone else been involved? What did you do? Hilary

In the early days, when i couldnt concentrate etc, i said "no".

now i am more able then i might help. I can also now get a good idea which aporoaches are genuine.

colin

Hello Hilary,

I've participated in several stroke research studies. All were really just collecting information and involved a form to complete or short telephone/email interview only. I felt it was worthwhile since many are trying to measure and guage the impact of stroke upon people's lives. I was a 43 year old with four children, so fairly unusual for a stroke survivor.

The interviews were fairly straightforward and much less demanding than some of the tests I had to perform while in hospital.

Most studies will explain to you what the research involves before you are enrolled into the study.

Damian

Hello Damian,

It sounds like something I'd like to do. I only had a mild stroke but I read about other people on this site and personally know others. I will have to wait to be contacted again.

Hilary

Hi Hilary 

I have taken part in a number of online  surveys since my hemorrhagic stroke in February 2016.  I prefer to fill in an online  questionnaire  rather than a telephone or video call. 

Last year I also took part in a research  programme  at the  National  Hospital  at Queens  Square  in London, where I attend as an out patient  at the FES clinic, although  the research  was in relation to the rehabilitation  of upper limbs. 

I also took part in a day at the ARNI Head  Quarters, to help  physiotherapists with their  final  assessment.  I didn't  particularly enjoy the day and haven't  taken part since, although  I  think they hold this event every year.

I am happy to take part in most things but it's  really an individual  thing and all about how comfortable  you feel taking  part. Just do what you are happy with.

Regards Sue 

Hi Hilary 

I have taken part in a number of online  surveys since my hemorrhagic stroke in February 2016.  I prefer to fill in an online  questionnaire  rather than a telephone or video call. 

Last year I also took part in a research  programme  at the  National  Hospital  at Queens  Square  in London, where I attend as an out patient  at the FES clinic, although  the research  was in relation to the rehabilitation  of upper limbs. 

I also took part in a day at the ARNI Head  Quarters, to help  physiotherapists with their  final  assessment.  I didn't  particularly enjoy the day and haven't  taken part since, although  I  think they hold this event every year.

I am happy to take part in most things but it's  really an individual  thing and all about how comfortable  you feel taking  part. Just do what you are happy with.

Regards Sue 

Hi Hilary 

Regards Sue 

Dear Sue, Thank you for this. I've already told them I don't want to travel but I doubt whether I would be asked to do this in the present times. I would be happy to receive and send emails and do phone calls I think but I will just have to see what they suggest if they accept me that is. I contacted them weeks ago and only heard yesterday so I will bide my time!

Hilary

Apologies  everyone,  didn't  mean to reply 3 times. Sometimes  I'm not sure whether  my reply has been posted. As a very impatient  person, I try again and before you know it you've  sent it 3 times.?

Dear Sue I thought you'd sent a different post and realised they were all the same. I've found that if you log out and then log in again your message appears as sent. I wonder if we can blame strokes for making us impatient!

Dear Susan

If you accidently post twice then you can delete one of them;

open the one you want to delete, look at the end and there is an edit button. Press and it gives you the delete option.change option

colin