Quays Orthotics

Morning All. Has anyone heard of a company called Quay Orthotics? They have practices in Norfolk, Lincoln, Kent, Loughborough, Newark, Manchester and Ayrshire. They say they fit Orthoses and are led by qualified Orthotists. I am still struggling to get help with my left foot that turns over randomly and has already caused 3 falls and a broken wrist. My Physio has tried 2 splints which have been useless and the next step is to see the Orthotist at our local hospital but that is not likely to be until August at the earliest. I’m really not prepared to sit here frightened to walk unless someone is with me to catch me if my foot turns over for the next 6 months and risk more breakages. I’m wary of buying something on Amazon that might or might not help so I’m looking for an Orthotist who can look into the problem and really help. The Quays is the only firm I have found which has a practice near to us but have read various reviews which as usual have some good and some bad. Any help would be much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks Lorraine. Just want reassurance they are ok before contacting them

1 Like

I have never heard of Quay Orthotics but have looked at their website, which looks very interesting. Looking forward to hearing from anyone on this forum who has dealt with them. Especially interested as they have a clinic in my area (Kent).

Thanks for posting this

Regards Sue

Yes Sue they have a clinic in my area too but Im finding it difficult to get any information from anyone who has used them. Did find a few compimentary reviews but also one or two people that were not happy! Janet

Hi Janet, yes, as you say some good reviews and some bad and it sounds like their products are very expensive. Your post has got me looking at lots of different options. Very wary of spending lots of money on something that doesn’t actually work for me. We’ve spent a fortune on private Neuro Physiotherapy and various pieces of equipment since my stroke in 2017. Think I will probably wait for my next outpatient appointment at The National Hospital at Queens Square in London, where I attend the FES Clinic and will ask to see someone in the Orthotics department.

Good luck with your search, hope someone here will be able to help.

Regards Sue

1 Like

Keep us posted , seems like a lot of us have similar issues!