Please help

@Mbhope
Please scream and rant, you have every reason to feel you’ve been given a rubbish hand.
We will be here with a hug and a listening ear.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :heart:

4 Likes

@Mbhope sorry to hear you’ve had another stroke. Sadly it does sometimes happen despite everything we do.

I know its no consolation but keep doing everything you are doing as it has to help reduce the risk.

Stay strong. You’ve got this.

Sending love and hugs :hugs::hugs: xxx

6 Likes

Hi, so sorry you have suffered another stroke especially as you were recovering so well. Unfortunately it does happen sometimes despite your good recovery.

We are all here to lend an ear and a shoulder to cry on, so keep ranting and having a moan if it helps.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep on keeping on.

Regards Sue

5 Likes

Oh I am so sorry that has happened to you again. That fear is in all of us who’ve had stroke/mini stroke/TIA because they can strike again any time. So far I’ve got off relatively lightly in comparison to others, but for how long, cross my fingers is really all any of us can do. You bury the fear so you can live the best life you can while you still have it. And in order to do that we eat healthy, exercise and rise to the challenge.

You have every right to scream, so scream on, we’ll hear you and listen; get it out of your system. If nothing else it will get your adrenaline pumping for the next round of physio. Onwards and upwards :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you to everyone. I never thought about a repeat stroke as the big one was yhe hemorrhagic kind and this one is lucanar (tiny occlusion) but I am so sad and disillusioned. I do find some level of comfort on here and you are all so nice. Fear and frustration are gripping me at moment so know that your support means a lot.

4 Likes

So a bit like the after shocks of an earthquake :wink: Another member on here just recently had another TIA, sadly they do happen. All you can do is find a way to push through this latest shock and move forwards. The bright side is you are already armed with the tools of recovery, you know what needs to be done. So lets hope you can recover quicker, at least to the level you were at :smile:
https://forum.mystrokeguide.com/t/a-letter-of-encouragement-to-my-newly-stroked-self/34264/88

2 Likes

You have done nothing to deserve this, so don’t think you have. Try to stay positive and when you want to rage at life come here to vent. You will plenty of understanding souls.

2 Likes

I just feel so utterly hopeless. A whole year later with so much effort and it amounts to regression, two pain conditions, plus a new stroke. I so appreciate all of you. This is the best group online and I have visited quite a few here in the US. Thank you all for your uplifting words. I’m not there yet but I will keep visiting here and try…

7 Likes

My brain can’t find any helpful words, but my heart is with you. Please don’t give up on yourself despite this real and horrible set back…You are worth every minute of time you spend helping yourself, pleasing yourself, and receiving help from others. I will keep you in my prayers…or if you prefer, thoughts.

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:. It’s hard but I will try.

4 Likes

I saw your post by chance and have had the same experience. 7 years ago I had a haemorrhage stroke then four years ago I had a second stroke caused by a small clot. After the second stroke my walking regressed but I have battled on. Unfortunately, earlier this year I had an inner ear infection and that affected my balance making walking worse. However, I am not giving up and never will. Please stay strong and fight on.

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

Just a thought…I am going to Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy. Never heard of it before, but so far so good. I have only just started. Also, and ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat doctor) a.k.a. Otolaryngologist can also be of assistance in certain circumstances. So much you can do on your own, but having their guidance is priceless.

1 Like

Keep your head up! Keep doing what you’re doing! Sending love :heart:

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, I received horrible information yesterday at the nuerologist. Apparently, keeping my blood pressure low has probably caused "too many " to count small clot strokes. This is the reason that I feel like I’m regressing with progress as well. This is an absolute kick in the gut as I never knew this could cause a problem and was going along thinking I’m doing all the right things.My systolic BP was close to 100 for many months now on a new regimen of meds plus I was exercising more. I really do appreciate everyone’s encouragement but I don’t think there are words for how sad and discouraged I feel.

3 Likes

@Mbhope so sorry to hear this. You must be feeling very disheartened right now. Sending you a big hug :hugs:

Maybe now they’ve changed your meds things will start to move in the right direction again. But for now just take time to absorb the news. You are stronger than you think & you will find a way through once you’ve come to terms with what has happened.

My very best wishes.

Ann xx

2 Likes

Thank you all. Unfortunately I don’t feel like I’m doing a good job progressing as my functionality has decreased due to these latest lucanar strokes. I still can’t quite comprehend how modifying the risk factors actually put me in this position but I’m sure it gets tiring hearing me complain. Again, thank you all for being nice to me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I just feel like crying my eyes out as the thought of being really healthy seemed like a the positive that could come out of this. Who knew some people are susceptible to the other kind of stroke if blood pressure is even just a bit low. I’m so grateful for people like you who are willing to hear me.

3 Likes

We are always here to listen @Mbhope you can get rhrough this. If you need to cry then why not. Just go for it. It may be just what you need. I spent 5 days crying last week (not all the time but a chunk of time). I needed it & it did help a bit.

Sending positive thoughts & hugs your way. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ann xx

2 Likes

@Mrs5k
Thank you so much for your response.

1 Like