PIP Claim

@Des_murphy thank you. I was beginning to panic thinking if they assess I’m not fit for work that I wouldn’t be able to return. Phew

1 Like

Thank you @Loshy. Much appreciated xx

1 Like

Hi , I got PIP , about 2.5 years ago . Before covid. Can’t travel, got home visit. All rather intimidating & overpowering. Don’t know if pleased is correct? But awarded full, on both . Like most rather was dreading, renewal date . Sent in required medical info. Again not sure if pleased, is best word . Told, I had been put on / soft approach? / ie no need to be reassest for 10 years? I am 64 now , so would probably be getting state pension, understand can’t get both , interested, if anyone knows what might then happen? Do feel this could all be made simpler. Good luck David.

1 Like

@David3 this link explains a bit about what happens to PIP when you reach pension age. As far as I know you can have state pension & PIP or equivalent.

I’m with you on whether being pleased is the right term for getting PIP. It seems odd to be pleased about getting a disability payment. But on the other hand if you’re disabled you do have extra costs etc so why not be pleased to get some help with these.

1 Like

Hi Ann, Yes very helpful. Best of luck. David.

Just to be clear if you work more then 16 hours or earn more then £147 a week then either it taken off u ESA pound for pound or u ESA is stopped. If you want to work for up to 16 hours it’s called permitted work and you fill in a form and DWP then decided if you can do the work with kind regards des

@Des_murphy thank you. I am hoping to go back to my job at some point soonish :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: I was expecting that ESA would stop at that point as I will return to full pay whilst on my phased return. These benefits are a minefield…not sure I’ll ever understand them.
Thank you for your help with it all x

I’m still waiting after two months I’m still waiting to here from them what doesn’t help that I live in Croydon