Physiotherapy Student Research Project: Experiences of sensory changes and physiotherapy

To whomever this may concern, my name is Jacob. I am a York St. John University MSc Physiotherapy student.  I am completing a research project, investigating the experiences of stroke survivors who have sensation changes in their lower limbs (legs), in terms how these changes affect their everyday lives, and their experiences of the physiotherapy treatment they received during their recovery process.

I am looking for participants aged 18 and over, who have had a stroke at least 6-months ago, which has resulted in them having some sensory changes (for example numbness, tingling, reduced feeling) in one or both of their legs.

As part of the study, you will be asked to take part in a single, one-to-one interview with myself, lasting around 45-minutes, on Microsoft Teams. The questions will be focused around your experiences of both living with the sensory changes in your leg, and your experiences of any physiotherapy you received for the sensory changes.

Please take the time to read through the participant information sheet attached to find out more details about the research.

For any more information, or if you feel you would like to take part in the reaearch, feel free to contact me at: jacob.shannon@yorksj.ac.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Jacob