Physio now finished

hi Pippy, I'm not too bad still having pain in my left shoulder but have got some neuropathic pain killers from the doctor, just have to wait for then to kick in. I finished my physio balance class last week, still walking my dog down the beach everyday so getting my exercise in. Did I tell you I applied for PIP and was awarded the daily living allowance part of it, didn't get the mobility part because I can walk quite far. Just glad to get somthing. I retire from work next month, still suffering from bad fatigue. I think I have to work out what I can do and what makes me very tired afterwards. How are you are you back in work and if so how's it going.I must admit I'm not really missing work yet just feels like a long holiday leave so far. Hope you are doing ok and still baking them beautiful looking cakes.

Take care

Rich xx

Hi rich glad your ok and still walking your doggle bet he loves having you around ...good news on getting pip and so you should too,I think we should all be given it ...yes I'm working but not full time yet at the moment I'm doing Monday Wednesday and Friday and taking my annual leave Tuesday and Thursday but that will run out soon ,then not sure what I will be doing ,I'm doing 7.5 hours each day and I'm shattered afterwards I've got a meeting with my matron and ward manager next month so will see what happens from there ...glad your not missing work as that's a huge wrench when you give up but your be so much better off enjoying life with your partner like you should be ,if I could retire and afford to live I would and I know I wouldn't miss work either ,I've got a few adorable grandchildren which I love spending time with..and the wildlife in my garden are amazing so I wouldn't get bored and because I've got OCD too I keep myself busy cleaning ,I've started councelling they are trying to help me with my anxiety and OCD as it's stopping me go out ,which is taking over my life a bit ...yes rich still baking my cakes kids are loving them so they arnt lasting too long lol ...great chatting to you I wish you the very best enjoy everyday together and enjoy the beach with the doggle ..pippy xx

Hi Pippy, glad you are doing ok and are working part time is it the nhs you work for at least they should be supportive and understand the issues you are dealing with. I was lucky with retirement as my mod pension scheme let me claim my pension at 60. My wife gave up her job to look after me but doesn't get her pension till next year. But we are fortunate that we have savings to see us through and we have applied for carers allowance so that will help. There was no way I could go back to work even though my job was easy it was just the fatigue I couldn't cope with and lack of patience, which my wife reminds me about as she says I didn't have much before but have zero now lol. The one thingI have learned through all this is you have nothing without your health and I would give everything I have to get my health back. I hope work are looking after you like they should. Take it easy and look after yourself

Rich xx

Morning Rich glad you and your wife are ok and have a plan in place for you both it helps if you can stops the worrying of each and every bill and having each other is such a comfort ....my story's a bit different ..yes I work for the NHS it's the big general university hospital ,you would think they were caring to their staff but they really arnt ...so many colleges of mine are a lot younger and have awlful mental health problems because of work ..I've got a meeting with occupational health tomorrow to see if I'm coping ok but to be honest I'm struggling but I know I've got to work because when I met my partner 10 years ago he had debts from his ex wife who had left him 5 years before I met him she also left the 3 boys with him ....they have moved on with their own children now but we are still left with huge debts so his working 6 sometimes 7 days a week so I don't get to see him much which makes me feel I'm alone in this recovery and also feel I have to work no matter how hard it is so we have money for bills and food and little luxury's...and if after everything I really can't do it at least I can say to myself and partner I gave it a good shot ,that's all I can do ...when he's at home I feel great most times but when he goes off in the mornings my anxiety is shocking but I guess it's still early days it's only been 6 months since the stroke ...my children are all grown up and have their own families and the last thing I want is to be a burden to them ..so I am trying so hard rich and that's why I wish you all the best with your wife it will help you mend having her with you ,maybe have a bit more patience ?...I suffer with fatigue too it's shocking it just comes over me so quick I've got a late shift on Friday the first one since the stroke I know I'm going to be a mess around 5 with no energy but my daughter says you have to do it mum to show them how it makes you feel ,but why don't people listen ,my daughter is right they need to see for themselves but it feels so unfair I have to put myself through it ...well we will see how it goes sorry for waffling on a bit but I really wish you both the very best and I'm sure you will heal so quickly ...live ,love ,laugh it helps ..pippy xx