Pacemakers and microwaves

I have just had a pacemaker fitted and have heard through the grapevine that you shouldnt stand anywhere near a microwave, Does anybody know if this is true. I would be very pleased to hear. Thanks in advance. Norma.

That is rubbish. You can buy a device to scan your microwave for any escaping microwaves. Lots of daft things said about them. They are great.
regards
Dolla xx

1 Like

Hi Norma Jean – Ditto --what Dolla said. I"ve had a pacemaker for 3 years and use a microwave all the time- standing close to it while it’s on. I go for regular checkups and there has been no effect. Also, I researched this issue on the net and it was said that there is no danger from using any of the appliances one might have around the home. :slightly_smiling_face:Jeanne

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply even the hospital when I phoned them didnt know the answer. I have took the dressings off this morning and had my first shower it was lovely, Norma

Thanks Jeanne you have both made me feel confident I dont use it that often as I am still recovering from a stroke and my husband does quite a lot for me. Norma.

Hi again Norma Jean-- I have found the pacemaker to be something one really doesn’t have to worry about much. It’s no bother. The first few weeks (maybe a few months) you might find that you want them to adjust it( like rate of response, etc.), This is normal, but eventually everything works out and your body adjusts to it all. I don’t even think about it anymore. Except that I go for regular checkups every few months–no big deal. I’m so grateful we live in a time where medicine has such devices. My best to you. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

1 Like