Ow. Ow. And then some

Hi Rups. Fortunately Ludo is not too big. He is a Border Collie and very well behaved. He is my son’s dog but we see him every day and often look after him. I hope you are recovering from your fall. Lilian

1 Like

Heal well Rups hope you have magical balm to speed your recovery. Not a great fan of dogs but do have a soft spot for a few but not my sons Springers ,do enjoy walking them as they are well trained but there energy levels drain me.

1 Like

@Maz , sorry to hear your sad news but you are most welcome to keep an eye on us :smiley_cat:.

2 Likes

@Maz
I second what @Ingo66 said and there’s one or two of us probably need to be subjected to a watchful eye.

Hope all is well @Rups

2 Likes

Shwmae @Maz, sorry to hear of your husband. I was a bit taken aback by the age question, it’s the second time I’ve been asked this, it did make me wonder if they thought I had snuck in. Can’t imagine it’s high on people’s priority to spend an afternoon sneaking into a Covid booster jab centre, but there we go.

My shoulder seems to have a fair amount of internal bruising. Not sure if it is fractured as the pain is reducing significantly. My biggest shock was the strain on my neck, I had a torn artery which was the cause of my stroke, so of course, I am rather protective of my neck.

2 Likes

Shwmae Anne, diolch yn fawr of your kind words. The shock was intense, it made me feel sick. After writing the post, which I felt was a good way to have a moan, my partner went out shortly afterwards. I went straight to bed. Hot water. A couple of brandies. Then I slept from about 6 pm until 10:30 pm. Spent today in bed, have a sling to wear. Still rather sore.

I use one of those retractable leads, so Molly had a good run up to gain enough speed to lift me off the ground. She’s normally rather good around the farmyard birds, but the annoying thing was that I had just returned from a good, long walk and the the door to my house was in sight.

1 Like

Shwmae @DDMH, diolch, I am actually feeling much better. I woke up, took my medication, refilled the hottie, and went straight back to sleep until about 2 pm. Still rather sore.

1 Like

Shwmae @Mahoney, not as painful but still quite sore. Won’t be sleeping on my right side again, which is a nuisance.

She could redeem herself if she learnt how to sniff out truffles.

2 Likes

Shwmae Lilian, and Molly will get bigger. I need to be less vague when walking her. I am recovering, but have had to put aside a bucket load of things I had planned for this week.

Shwmae @Pds, they certainly are pocket rockets at times. This one is going through a chewing stage, getting plastic out of bins and leaving great swathes of chewed material on the floor. Can’t turn my back, hope she grows out of it soon.

Shwmae @Bobbi, as well as one can be, plenty of rest and gentle activities have given me some reprieve from the pulsating pain when I move my right arm.

@Rups good to hear you are feeling a little better although no doubt the pain will be around for a while yet. Quite a tumble you took by sounds of it.

I’m the same as you when it comes to protecting my neck as my stroke was caused by my carotid artery.

As for the covid jab age question. I think they ask the age question if you’re under 50 as they’re not generally elligible. Although like you say why anyone would try and sneak in is a mystery.

Take it easy xx

@Mahoney thank you for your kind words.

@Rups thank you for your reply. It does make you wonder what they think :thinking:

I can understand you being protective of your neck. Hope it’s ok and your internal bruising is getting easier to bear. Take it steady though. Hope you have someone to walk Molly for you.

1 Like

Hi @Rups - I hope nothing’s broken and you’re recovering now.

I’m definitely a dog person and have found that walking my dog has been incredibly beneficial for me following my stroke. I get fresh air, exercise and time to myself (it’s funny how much people want to spend time with me since they suddenly realised I’m mortal).

I’ve owned dogs of various breeds but have learned from experience (not quite as extreme as you, but still painful) not to take mine for a walk on an extender lead.

My current dog, who’s now 8 years old, is only around 23 kilos, but despite appearing to be all cuteness he still has occasional attitude. He’s good with most dogs, but hates Bedlington Terriers. I can’t take the risk that we might meet one in the street and so walk him on a halti lead with a head harness. This prevents him from suddenly launching himself at a Bedlington and causing me to lose control of him.

I hope your experience hasn’t put you off walking your dog and that once you’re fully recovered you go for more walks with your dog. I remember despairing when I used to use an extender lead with my old Staffie, when he saw something that interested him. The head harness really has made walking pleasurable by comparison.

Best wishes

1 Like

Diolch @Midge58, so Molly is mostly golden retriever which makes sense that she wants retrieve things. I haven’t up until then used a retractable lead. I always took her out with a standard lead and harness, but I used the retractable lead that day because when foraging for mushrooms, I need time to cut and pick and it seemed like a good idea to let her sniff around without whining that she was secured to the spot like I would normally do if needing some time to collect. I guess it’s all just about training over time, she’s really still just a puppy. :grinning:

2 Likes

You sound like me,they call me crazy legs,it doesnt matter how careful i am :crazy_face:please try to be xareful and rest up.x

1 Like

Dear all,

Catherine Rolt is a very intuitive healer and practitioner of Chinese Medicine who is speaking about her approach to handling pain on Jan 3rd (7pm).

If you have chronic pain, you may want to watch her video at the link below: UnRavel Dis-Ease Naturally | Facebook.

Love from
David

1 Like

Catherine is now planning to speak twice tomorrow!
You can see her at 1pm as well as 7pm at this link:
bit.ly/3jJONX0 which may be easier to use!

1 Like