Opening up

Hi all was happily married and good job wife was a nurse and loved her job, we had 3 daughters and 7 grandchildren we were due to retire and move away from area we lived for 36 years, then eldest daughter got cancer and passed at home we still moved, all ok dealing with our loss, then wife diagnosed with cancer and passed, I went into meltdown drinking, pharmaceutical problems drugs, came out other end still a mess, mainly because of dog then he passed Xmas came 28 had strokes and in hospital about 5 weeks relearning daily stuff, forward to beginning of covid then lockdown and my mental health is shot to pieces, have seem therapist no luck it’s the mess it leaves you brain in just shouting out to you all as you are the only ones who understand

4 Likes

Mickeyboy, that is so tough. However, please keep in mind that you have survived these terrible events. Stroke affects our physical and mental abilities, so personal tragedy hits home harder and deeper. Try to find a moment of peace in every day, no matter how hard those days are. Thank you for opening up to us all.

1 Like

Hi @Mickyboy, Sorry to hear your tragic story. It is hard enough coming to terms with the aftermath of stroke (& the loss of the old you) without your additional losses.
I guess many of us have additional issues to deal with on top of the stroke, but you have certainly had it extremely tough.
Sometimes it helps to talk about things even if we may not be able to give very helpful advice for your specific circumstances.
As far as I’m concerned please feel free to discuss on here and you wil likely find a sympathetic ear.
Wishing you all the best.
Mark

1 Like

Shwmae @Mickyboy, soon after I was despatched from the stroke ward, I read Charles Darwin’s The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals. Afterwards, I counted about thirty-seven emotions in his rudimentary study. That’s a lot of feeling to manage through life’s circumstances, I am sorry to hear of your losses.

@Mickyboy so sorry to hear of all your losses. You do seem to have had more than your fair share. Take strength from the fact that you have got through it all and are here to share your story. I have found this site very good and there are a lot of good people on here who will listen and offer support. Take one day at a time and you will get there, take care