Online survey on caregiver wellbeing

Are you providing care for someone who have had a stroke, or any other type of brain injury?

We are doing an online survey investigating wellbeing, stress and coping in people who are caregivers and we are very interested in hearing from you. If you feel that you could spare a bit of time in your already busy day to complete some online questionnaires this could help us to know more how to support people like you.

How do I participate?

If you would like to find out more information about this study and how to take part, please use the following link:  https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/abicarer

How do I know if I can take part?

You can take part in this study if you:

1) are an unpaid caregiver over the age of 16 that can comprehend written English

and

2) are caring for a person that:

a) Is over the age of 16

b) Has suffered from an acquired brain injury of any kind (e.g. traumatic brain injury, any type of stroke, anoxia, infectious or metabolic disease such as meningitis or encephalitis, or mixed ABI) that occurred after the age of 16.

c) Has been discharged from hospital (in relation to the ABI) for more than 3 months

d) Does not have a diagnosis of a degenerative or progressive neurological condition or disease (e.g. any type of dementia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron disease or recurrent brain tumours).

What is involved?

The study invites informal caregivers to complete questionnaires through an online survey, and all responses will be anonymous. If you are interested in taking part, you will be asked to read an information sheet for more information. If you then decide to take part, you will be asked to tick boxes to indicate your consent to participate before being invited to complete the questionnaires. You will be asked to complete eight questionnaires and provide some demographic information, and the whole study should take no longer than 30-40 minutes.

What is this study about?

The aim of this study is to is to better understand how certain factors impact wellbeing and distress of people that provide any type of informal (unpaid) care for someone with an acquired brain injury. It is hoped that by knowing more about these factors this could inform future interventions aimed to support caregivers.

Who is conducting this study?

The study research team is based at the University of Edinburgh. If you would like to know more about this study or have any questions you are welcome to contact Nils Rickardsson: s1240092@ed.ac.uk

Our online survey is still open if anyone would be interested in participating.

I would be interested

I am glad to hear. If you follow the link below you will get to the survey where you can participate. 

https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/abicarer

Many thanks,

Nils Rickardsson

Our online survey is still open if anyone would be interested in participating.