One year on

@Mahoney glad you are here, all the best from me :+1:
I’m six months behind you, keep moving or I’ll be catching up :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Bobbi I certainly intend to keep moving, best wishes

I was three years post stroke in May, on the first anniversary I was chatting to a friend about how I felt and that I had accepted it was something that had happened and although it has changed me it didn’t have to define me. Their reply was so simple and so true. “It was a huge thing, a horrible thing but just a thing!” We all have challenges in life and it’s great to have this community to share with. Hope you understand the sentiment behind the “thing” comment it’s not meant to trivialise what we’ve been through and has helped me.

6 Likes

@DorisRose

There is a lot of truth in that. We can’t change what has happened but we can influence how we deal with it & move forward.

It’s good that you’ve found a way forward that works for you.

Best wishes. xx

2 Likes

Hi @DorisRose yes, we all have challenges to face throughout our lives, some are bigger than others. It’s good your friend had some comforting words that resonated with you and helped.

Best wishes

1 Like

Wise words Ann, some challenges are huge and difficult to accept and overcome, we simply have push forward to the best of our ability, giving everything we have each day.

Best wishes

Hi @Mahoney @Mrs5K thanks for replying and your kind words x

1 Like

Happy 1 year of still being here and being a survivor. Wishing you a positive and successful future and hope you are progressing well. 1 step forward 2 steps back sometimes but keep taking that 1 step everytime and you will make the finish line.xx

1 Like

Glad you made it to your first year . This is often the hardest to get used to u new self hope your recovery keeps going my stroke is about 18 months old with kind regards des

1 Like

Thanks Des, much appreciated, I’m doing all I can to keep the momentum going forward