“Off” Days

about to complete my 4years after stroke.
and day by day i loosing hope, tiredness, headaches, fatigue do not let me be a normal person.
who can just go out for walks, read, paint or anything?
After coming back from work, I can just about to manage basics for my house & boys. If i push myself for something more, i feel I will faint or i will start screaming…it is very difficult.
i really want to leave my job but how already living a hand to mouth, living cost is gone far too high. Could not take my children on any summer holidays. …

Anyway…

I just want to share with everyone i found this little tool. Not expensive. It takes away anxiety, migraine and any muscle pain. relaxes you with no effort. Please try…since i have used it i am telling everyone whoever complains and not to keen with medication. it is a little magic wand for my migraine and anxiety. hope it helps all of as well.

@nadya sorry to hear you’re feeling like you are. It must be difficult juggling work, house & kids. Not surprised you’re worn out & not able to do much else. Do you have anyone who can help you at all? Even if it’s just to complete little tasks.
Perhaps try leaving longer gaps between doing some tasks. I used to clean my house right through every week sometimes I leave it 10 days or 2 weeks now. Not ideal but have just lowered my expectations I suppose.
Check you’re claiming everything you’re entitled too aswell (if anything).
Sending you best wishes. xx

1 Like

Nadya–Thanks for the suggestion for the Ice Roller. I just ordered one. It may help my headaches. I think you’re doing great with all you’re doing! Have patience. There’s still plenty of time for brain healing. I am also 4 years post-stroke, and I have to watch myself. I can’t overdo, or I pay for it. My brain is still “sensitive” and still healing, I am sure. Rest as much as you can. It will only help. In time You will likely feel better. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words. i could not sleep last night again or sit since yesterday this pain or lifeless feeling in legs has came back. Maybe after effect of my 4th covid jab.
i really agree with you for lowering the expectations. i have ocd it is really annoying but muscle pain and fatigue do not let it win.
As i am working full time or can say i am dragging myself to work full time, after stroke i can’t drive so DWP helps me towards Access To Work that is all i get. painful thing is this living cost is increasing day by day and salaries are frozen.
i know i can’t be what i was but this constant tiredness and fatigue and muscle pain dragging me in depression and anxiety. i hate this for every pain every confusion GP would just give you a medication.

no there should be something else, something affordable…but that is fairytale…

1 Like

Hello I am so glad you have order the roller. yes it will help with your headaches & tired eyes because of constant headaches.
i feel for all i was 40 when i had stroke i was kind off lucky in my entire ward i was only woman who can get up and take the shower and walk around. it still hurts me and i still pray for rest. and i cant imagine if this is bothering me in this age what it does to elders.
right now it feels likes someone has suck the life out of my legs and someone has stabbed in between my shoulders.
i used to paint to keep myself calm and relax but now i can’t sit for long to do so can’t read for long only thing is to watch something interesting. even while doing that i have get up to stretch my legs.

yes my brain and muscles are still extremely sensitive. i hardly get the chance to see my friends and when i do i love to talk and i know now when i talk too much it gives me awful headache for days. so i try to avoid or takes a break.

this is what i know or how i feel, stroke is a earthquake for the brain, i come to this conculsion after seeing my ct scan. same kind of cracks i have seen on the walls after the earthquake.

we do not bleed so the people can understand our pain, so we should pamper ourseleves, love ourseleves, motivate ourselves, but flowers or plants for our selves, feed birds, sit next to open window to hear&feel the wind.

2 Likes

It’s possible your covid jab has made you feel worse again. I was really poorly after all of my 1st 3 jabs. Haven’t booked no 4 yet as dreading how it might make me feel.
Think we’re all dreading this winter & all the additional costs. Every time you blink it seems prices have increased again.
Really hope you start to feel better soon. Look after yourself xxx

1 Like

yes i think so too, it is my covid jab as today i am extremley sore and feel like on the edge.
i had a awful migarine after my 2nd jab ended up in A&E for hours. this time when you will go for covid jab they are offering a flu jab at the same time. i made the appiontment for friday eveneing so i can recover over the weekend.

thanks for your support for being there. x

1 Like

@nadya I really hope the jab effects wear off soon for you. My mum said they were offering flu jabs at same time too.
Look after yourself xx

1 Like

I am due my next jab on 10th October and am dreading it. I hope you feel better soon. The gadget looks good. I have developed blepharitis (basically sore eyes) and have to wear a heated eye mask for 20 minutes a day. It says that you can also use it cold for headaches. It hasn’t done wonders for my eyes yet but I do enjoy wearing it - or at least I was until today when the velcro at the back of it failed, it pinged off and the cat who was sitting on me drew blood as she jumped off! I do think that these kinds of device are worth trying for some of our symptoms though

1 Like

oh poor. i hope you and your cat are ok. yes i have very sore and tired eyes as well and with my constant headaches, i need something to relax. i think so this device does the magic and also it is not just for eyes i rub on my wrist, back of neck, face, forehead. it does the trick.

i wish you all the best for your jab. It will be difficult for some days. Make sure you have some soup or food in the fridge so you do not have to cook for some days. i think so have both. Though i was in awful pain yesterday. But as both jab takes it time, so it is ok to have both together. in America, they are giving everyone both jabs at the same time.

Already the flu has hit badly over here. In schools and at work. Everyone is sneezing and coughing.

ginger, lemon and honey. ingredients to must have in the house.

all the best x

Hi fionab1, how effective have you found the eye mask ? I too have blepharitis, as I understand it you need the heat to melt what ever is clogging up your eyes. After you have used it, do you get any extra milky liquid to appear ?
I have been using the shower as a bit of an eye bath and just ordinary eye drops seem to help a bit.
Not had this before, closest has been hayfever. Got to say, it doesn’t help at all when you are having a bad day.

It’s early days with the eye mask. My main problem seems to be with unstable tears - my eyes are either dry and itchy or running and steaming up my glasses. I do enjoy the feeling of the eye mask and love the clean feeling of the wipes afterwards (although I dread to think how much it will cost me if I have to continue this regime forever) but it hasn’t magically made much difference yet. As you say it’s just one more thing to frustrate you and although it may have nothing to do with the stroke it did develop after it so it’s difficult to separate what it a stroke symptom and what’s just life.

I have also been using toilet tissue, possibly not the best material, 3 or 4 sheets folded up and then under the hot tap, let it cool a bit and then wash each eye.
Seems to work for a bit, obviously a lot cheaper than the wipes :grin:

I’ve found some old, but still clean, cotton wool buds and have been using those for the last couple of days, soaked in boiled water and a bit of salt. Have an opticians appointment tomorrow so they’ll tell me if they think it’s doing any good - personally I can’t notice much difference yet