Not best of days

Well and truly bl@#dy pi@#ed off today…walk like a flid can’t move my arm barely…cant drive go fishing or dress my self properly.had to go on sick from work…no money so feel useless about that not helping with householdall gone😪…talk about being useless,I just want this nighhtmare to end😪

1 Like

When I said household I meant can’t contribute to household… im just really frustrated.

Alfie. When we have down days we all feel the same. After 6 years recovery, I can make a contribution to the household although not as much as I would like. I hope the black mood lifts soon.

2 Likes

@Alfiep sorry to hear you’re feeling like that. It is quite normal to feel like that after a life changing event. It will improve though as you get stronger. Just a frustrating road to get there.
Be kind to yourself. You’re doing great.
Take care xx

2 Likes

Hi Alfie’s We know how your feeling we’ve all been there and still have days when it all seems doom and gloom and if there is an answer it probably lays within you. We all find strategies, Rups term is you have to summon up your inner Viking The fighter in you! I force myself out to walk and chunter or speak out loud , what’s good about my life, if no one’s around vent a bit. Do it at home, really let rip but make sure I’m alone. But I find just that effort of getting up and out often moves the cloud on, you may meet someone and have a chat. Let us know here how you get on. Pds

2 Likes

Hi Alfie - Don’t let those negative feelings swamp you. Nothing ever stays the same. You have to keep trying to use your affected parts. Rehabbing at home, I call it. I’m 3 1/2 years out and still am working on my “parts”. The more you try, the more you’ll improve. As time goes on you’ll be able to do more, and also be able to contribute and enjoy life. I talked to a counselor a couple of times a month during the first year of my stroke. It really helped. Every time you start feeling bad start reciting your own mantra. My is: “Every day in every way I’m getting better and better”. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

3 Likes