Nose bleed

Hi I have always had nose bleeds, is it now something to be concerned about?

Everything scaring me at present

I have more nose bleeds post stroke. For some reason they seem more likely in winter time. It is something that I do get a bit worried about because I am on blood thinners. However I have found that by sitting down quietly they do stop even though it does take longer than they used to pre-stroke.

Nothing to worry about. I am also on blood thinners, so small nose bleeds are fairly common. The least scratch and blood appears

Thank you all for sharing

Hi Gbuckrout–Sunnyday mentioned having more nosebleeds in the winter. I think sometimes that is because the air is dryer in the winter, so nose tissue is dryer and thus more fragile and apt to bleed. I guess taking blood thinners would only add to the situation. If you’ve always had nosebleeds, it doesn’t sound to me like something to worry about. But just to alleviate your mind, maybe you could call the nurse and leave a message asking about that? The only thing I can think of is that high blood pressure can sometimes cause this, but I’m sure you’ve had that checked. My best to you. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne