Nortriptiline

Anyone else been prescribed this

Iā€™ve never had this medication. I looked it up on the net, which says itā€™s an anti-depressant. Are you depressed? I was very depressed for several months after my stroke. The doctor suggested anti-depressants. I opted to try counseling first. Seeing a counselor every couple of weeks for a few months helped a lot. It might be something to consider if you are feeling depressed. :heart:Jeanne

Hi, Iā€™m not depressed doctor thought it might help with lack of sensory feeling, which it does BUT I am so sleepy with it

Iā€™m sorry. I wish I knew more about it. Are you taking this because of the stroke? Have you had rehab for the sensory feeling problem? Also, is this prescribed by a GP or a neurologist?

Iā€™ve not been offered rehab at any point literally ā€˜get on with itā€™

I had electrical stimulation for the nerves while I was in the hospital. I think it helped "wake " them up, and I had rehab 3 times a day for 3 weeks in the hospital and I had 5 months of rehab 2 times a week after I got out of the hospital. This all helped to rewire the nerves to the brain. Perhaps you could ask your doctor if there is some kind of rehab that would help. Tens units for electrical stimulation can be ordered on the net and are fairly reasonablly priced, depending on what type you need. Hope things get better for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

Thanks for your answer. Stimulation was mentioned but I have to say I was scared and they didnā€™t sell it to me well

Tricia - Itā€™s nothing to be scared about. Itā€™s just a little machine that delivers very small(and controllable by you as to strength) ā€œbuzzesā€ to the affected area. I found it quite pleasant, and often wanted to leave it on even longer. But others were in need of the device.(Itā€™s a very small unit, about the size of a little portable radio.) Some people like to turn it up high, to get a real ā€œchargeā€, but I didnā€™t enjoy that and kept it very low. :heart:Jeanne

Thanks I will speak to my doctor about it

Iā€™ve been trying all things art. Acrylics, watercolour and sketching itā€™s great for time out. Put your pencils in special wallet and mark with your name :smiley::smiley::+1:

1 Like