Hi everyone.
I’m new to this forum and more importantly to the journey we all find ourselves dealing with!
my name is Wayne I unfortunately had a ischemic Stroke back in August 2022
my symptoms were as follows,

• Sudden confusion.
  • Sudden trouble speaking.
  • Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
  • Sudden trouble walking.
  • Sudden dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
  • Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
    I didn’t experience numbness or loss of one side of my body,
    but I did forget I was a heavy smoker for 40 yrs + having touched a cigarette since nor have any desire or cravings!
    I won’t bore you all ,
    so I wish you all good health and a speedy recovery of any medical conditions you or any love ones may have.
    Neddy :pray:t2:
3 Likes

Good luck on your recovery Wayne. Im hopeful for you in time the symptoms will reduce for you. Take care and create as much rest time as you can.

Colin

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear of your stroke.
. We are a merry bunch of stroke survivors of all different ages and different types of stroke. Every stroke is different, as is everyone’s road to recovery.

This forum is a great support to all of the contributors, there is always someone ready with advice and words of wisdom, which we all need from time to time.

Feel free to ask away or just have a rant if you need to. Looking forward to hearing from you and I wish you well on your road to recovery.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

@neddy69 welcome to the forum that no one wanted to join but we’re all glad we did.

Wow re the smoking. A benefit of your stroke maybe?

Everyone’s journey is different but i’m sure you’ll get plenty of advice & support here.

Best Wishes

Ann

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome :pray:t2:

1 Like

@neddy69
Hi Wayne - and welcome!

Great forum this, full of wonderful folk, knowledge and experiences. I’ve not been around long myself but picked up a few good tips - and shared some things with others.

Whether after some advice or just to have a nose and see what others are doing… it’s all here.

Welcome!

Jonty.

2 Likes

Shwmae Neddy, sorry you’ve joined the stroke troopers. Those symptoms sound like cerebellar stroke. Hope our forum provides you with useful engagement and comfort.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to our group!

1 Like