New Year's Evolutions

So, here we are. Another year. I awoke today at 2 pm. Why did I sleep in so late? I don’t know. My partner pointed it out to me, “Are you not feeling well today?” I was feeling all right. I just slept in late. It’s a bit of a mystery, maybe my mind wanted to just have a bit of time out for the year. Does it matter? No it doesn’t.

As a stroke survivor, I won’t have New Year resolutions, I’ll have New Year’s evolutions. I will be evolving from an injury to make my life in 2023 be a little more capable. Will it be a lot? Probably not. I mark my success in increments of the smallest degree. I still have a lot left over to do from Christmas that I haven’t addressed yet. I have still Christmas cards to send to family :woozy_face:

If I was a magic man, I would wave a wand and heal us all. Alas, it is beyond my powers :grinning: Failing that, I have to extend my earnest and sincerest camaraderie to all of us who have been struck at the very core of our being. My year anniversary ended in September, but I also recognise everyone else’s New Year at the closing of December.

Gosh, it is pretty unique to feel mortal. Most people don’t know they were born. I think stroke drives home that we all share a precious common bond of being together.

May you all have a blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

12 Likes

Happy New Year to you too @Rups.
Nothing wrong with sleeping in sometimes. Our bodies need that time to recover.
Here’s to 2023 seeing more progress gor us all (small or large it all counts).
I used to stress a lot about getting all the kobs done in time for Christmas etc. Now if they get done they do & if not…well no one got hurt :blush:
Have a good new year.
Best wishes

Ann

1 Like

All the best Rups, to you and yours, may 2023 bring you happiness, peace and things you can look back on with joy.

1 Like

Hi Rups, great plan for 2023. Best wishes to you and your family.

Happy travelling, Enjoy. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Regards Sue

1 Like

@Rups Wishing you a peaceful and happy 2023. I am still reeling from the shock of my recent stroke, but the welcome and kindness from everyone on here has been amazing. Life is precious, enjoy the small things and the love of your family and friends.
Karen

3 Likes

Shwmae, diolch @Loshy, I fell asleep at about midnight, but just zonked until 2 pm. If my partner hadn’t had woken me, I might have slept on. I’m rather active during my waking hours, so I am not worried that I may be leading a sedentary lifestyle. I hope you had a grand blwyddyn Newydd, I let my hair down and went to the pub for three pints with a couple of my close friends.

1 Like

Brilliant, I bet that took a bit of Tetris style skill in planning. We bought a Ninja cooker thing, and Ieverytime I look at it, I think it would be perfect for mobile cooking spaces as it does everything. I hope you had a splendid blwyddyn Newydd, and find some spectacular spots to camp.

2 Likes

This is brilliant! Well done @Rups - I hadn’t thought about this before so one to ponder. Happy New Year everybody :heart:

2 Likes

:grin: Diolch yn fawr Anne, it certainly is not one I can break, as I have no choice but to evolve. It will be gradual, I know that, but there are some things I can do in relative comfort after two years of struggle, and having those things is a real blessing. I hope you had a cheerful blwyddyn Newydd, I let my hair down a bit and went to the pub with two friends. Last time I was there was the end of the previous year.

1 Like

Shwmae Anne, sorry to hear you were not too well, hope it has eased a tad. I hit a brick wall just after Christmas, had to explain to people why I needed a day to myself. Symptoms were acute and I knew that if I didn’t take time out, things would drag on. I had three pints of the guest ale. The pub I go to retains its character as a true country pub where you can keep your wellies on, and there’s always a dog or two seeking out a scratch from strangers. So, it’s a gentle place to have a wee dram.

Josephine, one of my pigs, would have just woken up and, by virtue of her nap, had clumps of straw stuck to her curly coat. Can you believe, I used to carry her, and put her in garden plots to rootle around the soil.

I agree with you in living a fulfilling existence prior to stroke. I do feel that I sucked the marrow sufficiently enough to feel satisfied that now I can move forward in a different way and it will season the time I have already spent. It’s a rather balanced perspective that thwarts impossible yearning.

2 Likes