New mobility scooter & realising brains limits

Surprised, how difficult, it can be to spend vast amount of money, on something you would think so basic. Had second hand scooter, for 2 years, of ebay, no problems except unstable & tipped me over 2 or 3 times. Bought into silly advertising, thought it would give me some, freedom, independence. It didn’t, not scooters problem , but realised how limiting my brain can be . Just struggles to cope. See others whizzing around, believed, same for me . But no . 3 years on , realised disability, not going away soon. Spoil myself, spend some of my pip . Taken 3 months, to get new, slow, suitable, one for me . Twice, 2 different firms delivered me used, cleaned up scooters, charged new price! Taking advantage of vulnerable? (Maybe me , overdramatising ) Both, apologies, returned, told can’t get stock in . Maybe just be honest. Anyway, NEW , Delivered, half hour, nature trail , coffee shop, bacon sarnie. Home, 2 hours sleep. Loved it .:smile: . Do find, ANY MINOR PROBLEM’S, now turn into bigger. As previously, preparing to shelter from heat , in darkened room. David.

2 Likes

Well done. We are all vulnerable to rip off merchants. Your trip around the country park obviously brought you pleasure. The disabilities stroke brings are Rey frustrating, but we have to battle through our setbacks. I find fans in a heatwave indispensable. Rolling, rolling,rolling…keep those scooters rolling!

1 Like

@David3 great that you’ve finally got a scooter that suits you. Shame abut the hassle to get it but we’ll done on persevering.
Sounds like you had a great scooter around and a very well earned bacon Sarnie too. Happy scootering :grin:

Loshy. Rawhide Opening and Closing Credits and Theme Song - YouTube

1 Like

I think your area next. Worcester River Bridge , Holiday Inn, foot path , along river , Swan sanctuary, yet to find, Floating cafe, on a barge. Good talking David.

Hi Lorraine, all good now. Heard about your pip yet ? David.

Hi , I do get a sense of achievement with little tasks, nowadays.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . David.

1 Like

Hi , do feel for you . Unfortunately the way we are stress & confrontation not good. My wife initially thought applying for pip bad idea, only after reading on Martin Lewis site, decided to . Home visit, suggested my wife, didn’t be home. I really didn’t cope well, with assessment, but got it . Massive help . Shame we have to feel like this . Hope all goes well. David.

1 Like

Congrats on your progress @David3 and thanks for sharing your news. Good tidings are always very welcome when they appear.
Ever onwards buddy :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Bobbi, NO stopping me now . Like you rollator, very short & slow & now scooter .Can’t even think of holiday, or time away from home. So my excuse of a treat. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . David.

1 Like

@David3 You don’t need an excuse to enjoy your new ride. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I would say it was reward for patience and forebearing, putting up with the trials and tribulations of this condition we all share. :+1:

1 Like

@john721 now that is something I would like to experience.
Is there somewhere I can go to join the queue of budding test drivers?

Thanks for sharing ! ! :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t forget to appeal through citizens advice.

1 Like

Only one that i could find that had an event was in Arbroath, Scotland, you could nip along to a track and get one organised or a one of whizz around

1 Like

@john721 I was not being totally honest in my comment.
To be honest I would create a very sad picture as I grunt and pant along on my rollator at something possibly approaching 0.1 mph in velocity. I think this would also have to be over a course no longer than 10 yards/metres as my stamina/endurance would give out. :smiley:
:+1: its a good thought to hang on to, maybe one day . . .

I have to admit to talking and writing a load of guff on occasions.

Hi John, I wish, clocked my average speed at 2mph , :joy: . Could double it to 4mph . Brain can’t manage , though! 100mph , maybe not . HOPE all good with you . DAVID.

Can you tell us what the make of you new scooter is Please

Hi , Luggie Super Plus, models are considerably different! If you want advice, on 4mph boot scooter, tried, various, I’m your boy. Just ask. Hope you’re coping OK. David.

Luggie, scooter, best choose WIDE WHEEL TRACK, at front, others rather unstable. As always, cheaper options, be wary , after sale services, poss not good. David.