New dietary restrictions

I’ve now realised that my drop foot is not true drop. It can now function quite normally at the height the day. So it’s drop foot in the morning, normal foot around midday for a few hours, then drop foot in the evening with a bit of drag to it at bedtime…like it doesn’t want to go to bed :rofl:

So these last few weeks I’ve been giving my hip and down the leg a good deep intense massage with my massage hook about twice a week after workouts. And I’m finding I’m going longer with normal foot and even the drop foot effect has lessened so I’m going to stick with doing that. And then next weekend I get to try out my new TENS machine on it which I’m getting for my birthday (well, I’ve bought it, but seeing as it’s supposed to be from the family, I’ll just have to wait a while :smiling_face: )

Glad your arm has begun its recovery I’m told the arm follows the l g so you have a chance that both will recover sufficiently to give something to work on and improve

1 Like

As do you mrfrederickson
And luck has nothing to do with it, you’ll be a long time dead waiting on luck!
Luck is what YOU make it :wink:

I hope you’re right because recently I have not seen much by the way of good fortune my arm waking up seriously would be most joyful

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not always so positive myself, particularly when too many things come at me at once these and I feel overwhelmed and very despondent. That’s when I need a good kick in the butt and unlucky for me, I’ve got just the kind of family around me to do that :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well we can kick each other on the butt , you have always struck me as a positive person and have helped me to refocus on more than one occasion.

1 Like

Well I’m glad to hear my ramblings are helping somewhat :smile: And feel free to kick my butt any time because there are times I feel I say too much and cringe when I read back to myself, I think I sound as being a bit of know it all and feel I should rain it in :confounded:

But I just don’t like hearing of people to give up too soon or speaking negatively of themselves when they’ve still got so much to give in their lives and so much more life to live. Don’t throw it all away on your down days :smile:

Yes taken on board and your counsel is valuable as I value it and your encouragement
Most grateful
Mark

1 Like

I’m not prone to but kicking life is too short friendly banter is far better

2 Likes

I’m not the sort to give up , it took me 4 years to build my kit car and 17 years to buy another farm property after my divorce so I can play the long game, based on what my fellow survivors have said at the local stroke association I’m in for an 8 year wait to get my life more normal

1 Like

So you really are a glass is half full kind of guy :wink:
What exactly is a kit car? I’ve heard the term often enough over the years, just never even thought to ask … just assumed it was some sort model car building kit.
I suspect you are about to tell me I’m wrong aren’t you :grimacing: :blush: :laughing:

Yes I am, it’s component car building up from parts from another vehicle in my car it was jaguar based the chassis and fibre glass body came from a manufacturer in Essex all other bits are produced for the kit , I am the assembly person really and test pilot

3 Likes

I love Jaguars, just couldn’t afford to own myself but my hubby did buy me one for my first birthday after we were married :grin: It sat proudly on the mantlepiece until my son was that at age of toy cars, then it disappeared into somewhere into his collection never to be seen again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Driving home on a motorway a few years ago, we saw a bright orange Reliant Bond Bug broken down on the side of the road. I instantly fell in love with it and blurted out I want one :heart_eyes: Needless to say, my daughter bought me one for birthday last year…it’s now sits proudly on the mantlepiece…in place of the Rolls Royce which my hubby gave me on wedding day :laughing: Because the Rolls disappeared in amongst my daughter’s Barbies and Polly Pockets never to be seen again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My current car has 4 wheels and an engine and it goes, that’s as much as I know about cars, but it gets me out and about town :blush:

I have a bond bug in my car collection plus many other examples that will get sold before I embark upon my last big journey, not too soon I hope, that stroke was a close call

1 Like

:flushed: a real one :astonished: How many cars have you got ?

No silly my toy car collection I have owned a jaguar in my hay day, I have a significant collection of model cars ammo drive yet until my eyes recover was driving a Land Rover Discovery 4 but we sold it after the stroke

1 Like

Some of my collection

3 Likes

I’m just a big kid at heart, no grandkids our 30 something kids don’t feel the need to make any, my wife is not happy she is hoping that they do soon before they are too old.

2 Likes

Thanks and there is more in other cupboards agreed a child’s dream come true

2 Likes

:flushed: You even have a Buzz Lightyear :smiley: How cool is that :grin:
Oooh, is that a Mandalorian I spy next to Buzz :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Have you been watching the series on Disney Plus?
And a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car :heart_eyes: my daughter would love that :smile: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Oh you must have quite the collection if that is only some of it :smile: