Nauseous

Hello everyone, just enquiring if anyone has days when they feel really nauseous? It’s been happening to me on and off recently. It knocks me off my feet for a few days and this is 1 year for me since my stroke on 17th March 2021. Thanks guys. Loraine :blush:

1 Like

Hi Loshy,
Sorry your getting rough days, I have no experience of this but for sure people will have had this. Is it balance or tummy, I think it might be important as things like balance going wrong can make you fell really ill. Hope you get some answers.
Amanda

1 Like

@Amandaso Hi thanks. It’s a overwhelming feeling I want to throw up! A bit like I felt a very long time ago during early pregnancy!! I’m not dizzy just off and nauseous. Loraine :flushed:

Hi Loshy,
I would check this with doc, must be awful. Oddly the same as pregnancy sickness, so defo get checked.
Amanda

@Amandaso its not pregnancy though :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Now that would be some stroke side effect :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @Loshy , that sounds unpleasant. If it a recent thing I would definitely mention it to your doctor as @Amandaso said. It’s not something I’ve been experiencing.

It certainly would be the most bizarre stroke side effect if you were pregnant, however as we’ve all found out it certainly does do some weird things to you.:rofl::nauseated_face::exploding_head:

Hope you get to the bottom of it and feel better soon.

1 Like

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::joy_cat: it would also be a the new miracle :flushed:

1 Like

@Ingo66 :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: it would be a miracle :joy_cat::joy_cat::flushed:

1 Like

Shwmae @Loshy, yes. It comes in waves and sometimes lasts for several days before giving me a break. It’s not as bad as it was, but I suspect it has something to do with my vision/vestibular system. When it was more frequent, it was terrible, and there is nothing I could take for it. It seemed every nausea medication conflicts with my post-stroke meds. In my case, it’s unpleasant, but I don’t think its a worry. I craved sparkling spring water a lot during that time, as it allowed me to burp, and the carbonated sensation was pleasantly distracting.

2 Likes

Hi Ingo,
Made me lol, as well as agreeing with you.
Amanda

1 Like

I think we all assume that any new symptom is stroke related. Definitely see your gp to get it checked out

2 Likes

@Rups hi, thanks for confirming i’m not alone. It happened during and just after my stroke then funny turn in august. The nausea has been with me 3 days now and I’m very light and noise sensitive at the moment. I have felt off balance twice in past 2 days which always scares me. Thanks again Loraine :blush:

3 Likes

@Pontwander :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:you made me laugh. Thanks. I get what your saying but the off balance I think has something to do with this dam nauseous feeling I have. I’ll bounce back and look forward to our next joke off!! Thanks for answering Loraine :blush:

1 Like

Hi Lorraine, I have that nauseous feeling now and then, for me it doesn’t last for days though.

It must be taking it out of you feeling like that for days on end.

Hope you get over this bout (or wave as @Rups puts it) soon.

Wishing you all the very best, big hugs :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

@Pontwander thanks again I do wear glasses now but I’m struggling with them. I keep taking them off as they are annoying me or it’s the light!! Thanks for kind words too Loraine :blush:

@Mahoney thank you. It is a horrible feeling. I’m hoping it goes by morning if I get any sleep through my hands (carpel tunnel) it feels like I’m getting hit with to much stuff at the moment. Talk soon best wishes Loraine :blush:

Hi Loshy–Just a thought: have you started any new medications? new types of food? any inner ear problems? Hope you get to the bottom of it. :woozy_face: :heart:Jeanne

@axnr911 morning no I haven’t changed medication but a good point thank you. I’m just up now so hoping it isn’t coming back today. I have thought of something I drove an hour and half to see my sister on Wednesday and back in same day that’s when I think it all started! Talk soon thank you Loraine :blush:

Hi Pontwander,
Great post thank you, really made me lol, I really get this.
Amanda

1 Like