Nails

Finger nails, toe nails, create looks of horror when you mention them.

I’m a guy, highly unlikely to ever visit a nail bar.

Getting someone to give me a hand clipping nails is really difficult if not impossible.

Somehow the nails on my ‘good hand’ fill up with black gunge in no time yet the nails on my ‘weak hand’ remain clean, with nothing getting under them. Why?

I used to have reasonably manicured hands, now they grow, cracked, very roughly clipped, wild and free. Ah well.

Message from my world of stroke. Is it only me?

1 Like

My nails have been better since my stroke. I put that down to not doing as much…less chance for them to crack & break. I don’t like muck under my nails so am always cleaning them. I do find cutting my toes nails on my affected leg difficult as I can’t lift my leg & bending makes me dizzy :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The reason is that you are having to use your strong hand more thus risking dirtier nails. For some reason, I can still use my weak hand to cut the finger nails of my right hand. I have to be very careful though. As for toe nails, someone visits the house to cut them every six weeks and moisturise them. Well worth the money.

2 Likes

Hi, I had problems with the nails on my affected hand immediately after my stroke. It looked as though they were bleeding at the base and no one could tell me why ?? This appeared to right itself after a tear or so and now I just get one of my daughters or a friend to cut them when they need doing.

As for my toe nails, I now have a visit to the chiropodist every so often to keep them neat and tidy.

Unfortunately my stroke, 5 years ago, paralysed my left side, so I need help with
all aspects of my life.
Regards Sue

1 Like

@Bobbi, my mother-in-law has someone who comes round just for toe clipping. There are several services that offer to do it at home, not sure if the pricing is adequate for your budget but could be a treat. Or alternatively, one can buy electronic nail clippers which would be easier to use than the standard clipper.

2 Likes

@Bobbi, and specifically other men. If you have never had a pedicure, I highly recommend it. I am not certain about the nail shops in the UK but here in US the nail salons have massage chairs in which you can play your choice of music or talk with whoever came with you. You get this nice, hot foot bath with wonderful scents of your choosing, or none if you prefer. a massage from foot to knee. hot wax, or stone massage and lotioned up after cutting nails and cuticles and removing dead skin. It is the best kept ladies secret ever. I see more men these days and my grandson loves it as well.

1 Like

My toenails and fingernails break

There are podiatrists (I think that is what that species of human is called) but mobile ones are more of a rarity around here.
I have tried to obtain one but so far all traps, nets, hooks and hunting beasts have drawn a blank.
I was hoping Hilary and I could double book, which I would imagine could be a nice little job for someone.
Unfortunately I think that the news that we boil up visitors and serve them with roast potatoes must have somehow got out.
Long claw-like nails do nothing for our reputation.

1 Like

:laughing: :sweat_smile: :kissing_heart: :joy: Thank you for the giggles!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: visitors with roasties…now there’s a thought :man_cook::man_cook:

2 Likes

Bro I never heard of mobile One

2 Likes

@DeAnn
It is my pleasure, it is, indeed, a great experience to leave someone completely collapsed in a heap of giggles. Well worth the effort, I would say.
I live in an area with beautiful scenery and rich in jam butty mines. A particular speciality in my vicinity is the marmalade butty, much loved by Paddington Bear and the late great Queen Elizabeth II. Ken Dodd another great late was a promoter and guide of all this, together with the treacle mines, a supporter of the diddy folk and over all very ticklicious.
It must, undeniably, be something in the water.

@Mrs5K
Roast potatoes do go down well, but, for those of delicate constitution, chips and curry, or chips and mushy peas can be substituted. All this served up, with a generous shake of salt and pepper, in pages from the local newspaper. Who could want for more?

To All and Sundry, Tuesday and the occasional Thursday.
It is well to realise that much Twaddle is spoken hereabouts. It is a local dialect, not yet reported on Wikipedia. It is spoken only by a select few. Translation is said to be impossible, though, surprisingly, many seem to understand it.

@msporshakimberly
I don’t know what any of this has to do with Nails. Do you?

2 Likes

@Bobbi roasties all the way for me. Although chips in newspaper sat by the sea trying to stop the seagulls eating them is also a favourite :rofl::rofl:

As for nails…lets just say well mine could do with some attention :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

We don’t have those here yet! But I go for the massage chair, so I wouldn’t use them anyway.

1 Like

No it doesn’t, but it was so funny, I giggled like a schoolgirl. All in fun.

1 Like

I am mashed potatoes and gravz sister lady

3 Likes

Me too, mash and gravy, can’t go wrong.

2 Likes