My stroke

i am struggling with this site how to do things on here

my stroke, i had 2 months ago tireness is a problem and apetite, does anyone else have this problem

1 Like

Welcome Tricia. Hope you get familiar with this site. There are good people on here. Both tiredness and loss of appetite are common after stroke, especially in the early days of recovery.

1 Like

thanks, it was two months ago, does it get better with time. i had a mini stroke, my right hand my leg but i never was imobile in hospital, two days, i am 75

welcome Tricia. I hope that you get the hang of this site. New systems can be a bother to all of us. Two months is a very short time in. I too still experience tiredness and some lack of appetite (although both are getting better at 10 months in) and I think they are normal for Stroke - what no one tells you eh!

1 Like

@tricia3 welcome to the site. Hopefully you’ll get used to the site the more you use it.
I am 7 months post stroke & still get fatigued. I also have no appetite & never feel hungry these days. Am hoping that will improve. Keep an eye on your weight & if you’re losing weight you should talk to your GP as they may need to adjust your meds. Best wishes xx

1 Like

thanks loshynhow do you put pic onhere pat

Me im not overlytired but grt tired qiite quick and my appetite os not same since i had mine 2 months ago too

@Weeroxigirl3 welcome to the forum. Sorry you’ve had a stroke. It’s early days for you yet. Be kind to yourself & rest when you need to. You’ll find a friendly bunch on here for advice & support. Best wishes xx

1 Like

dont understand it , i am 75 and techs isnt easy

1 Like

hubby dont like tecnics. no family here all in essex or tamworth, son hasnt a computer,he does help with phone. this is a desk top

1 Like

Hope someone shows yoi how to get better with the forim site tricia

Thank you so much for welcoming me

1 Like

Thank you appreciate your advice

1 Like

dont know why iam feeling tired as i was doing more on wednesday but i over done it it was cooler then, but i still feel tired, i try to clean, but broke somethig of hubbys, he isnt happy so did the same, i cant standa dirty house as son is coming next week

@tricia3 I often find I feelnthe fatigue a couple of days after I have been busy. It makes it difficult to recognise the triggers but it does get easier over time. I keep a diary of what I’ve done so I can reflect back and look at triggers.
I broke something the other day too. Try not to best yourself up over it. It can happen to anyone.
Take it easy today. Sounds like you need to rest xx

it wasnt mine to break. it was hubbys, and hewas very angry, i went for short walk just now, its just my son is coming down on thursday, everything s so dirty,its three months since i had stroke,get low sometimes

@tricia3 Shame your hubby got so angry. Its very difficult but I’m sure you didn’t do it on purpose. Feeling low is a normal stroke reaction. If its overwhelming you speak to your GP as they should be able to help. I’m sure your son is coming to see you & not look at the house. It took me ages to accept that the house was dirtier than I would have wanted it but I just couldn’t do it. Initially I apologised about the state to everyone that visited. I don’t do that now.
Please look after yourself. Take care xx

1 Like

thanks, i had letter from hospital about apt for ecg, being wired up to aheart monitor for 72 hours,isthat normal after stroke, as i had all the tests while iwas there and as outpatient

Yes its normal. I had a 48 hr monitor. Others had 72 hrs. Just one of the standard tests they do to make sure they don’t miss anything.