My Stroke

Thanks @Mahoney - day by day seems to be good advice :pray:t3:

Thank you Lorraine @Loshy I’m self employed so am back working - laptop work is a lot slower with my vision problems but working for me is giving me motivation. I was a teacher in the past and agree absolutely that in-class all day would just not be realistic at this time. I hope you enjoy your new routine. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Ann @Mrs5K
I’m hoping the pfo closure will give me more confidence to get more active. Thankfully for me I don’t have any motor impacts from my stroke, so sympathise with you with that. I’m so reassured about improvements by other people’s rehabilitation stories - wishing you the best with yours. :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

@Mahoney we do have access to occupational health where I work and my manger has agreed to get a referral done at the right time. It’s just a bit too early yet I think. I have a very busy job which involves lots of concentration and is quite high pressured with lots of deadlines. I find at the minute that I can’t concentrate for more than a few minutes without getting bad headaches. I am also finding the fatigue is really bad right now….I went to the hospital for physio last week (30 mins) and I was fatigued for nearly a week, My employer is onboard with a phased return & we discuss this a lot. How long did it take before you went back to work? I will definitely take your advice ref breaks. I think they will be really important. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Best wishes

1 Like