My before and after

I had a bike accident that sadly stopped my french polishing career. With being told i couldn’t work for the next year i decided to start my own webdesign,hosting and graphics design company to ease the boredom untill i figured out my next move I still do a little web design and graphics but not like i used to as my concentration is not how it used to be sadly.

3 Likes

Anyway i am thinking about a new thread…
Who would love to be able draw a landscape with a beautiful oak tree and rolling hills behind and maybe the odd barn and hedge rows…?

Pencil control is not a must. But i bet i can teach anybody how to draw the above on paper doing a step by step if i add small steps daily… heres the beauty of this the landscape is within your imagination… thats 1 thing the stroke never took from us… hehe

4 Likes

I’m game, sign me up :grin:

2 Likes

Glad you joined the party. Sorry it took so long to find us.
All efforts to improve the general lot are much appreciated.

Forgive me for pushing one of my projects. I run a few Zoom sessions each week. You are welcome to try it. You’ll meet some of the faces you’ve seen on the forum. You will be treated gently. It would be great to meet face to face. No commitment required, come and go as you please. Look for the Zoom Open Group.

Making that first move is the biggest step. You’ve made a good start.

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Never used zoom my youngest does for college i will ask her and i most probs will have a bash…

1 Like

hi @Harmonixx i had my stroke a month before you, i too have found that my words are different, also I swear a lot more now, never used to swear , but my hubby says some days I sound like I am a navy docker. Give it time things can only get better Tony Blair campaign song. Digressing again, each day brings new challenges overcome the small ones will make the bigger ones easier to achieve. Keep on going your doing great

2 Likes

I’ve found I’m doing the same :laughing: I’m having to train myself out of it, so far I’ve refrained in public but at home even the kids are surprised and checking me :laughing:

2 Likes

My swearing hasnt changed… my kids helped that get worse hahaha…
But holy moly if i an in the garden and i hit my hand with a hammer… thats changed…
I swear then throw the hammer then ho get another hammer and beat the daylights out of the hammer that i hit myself with… hmm…
Did i say that out loud…

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Yes! you did say that out loud :laughing:

1 Like

Oh i forgot my filter was broken aswell… my kids have been in fits laughing a few times then it makes me worse… and i am like " wtf you lot laughing at"

1 Like

Don’t change it Harmonixx, it’s what the world needs more of :laughing:

2 Likes

Emerald Eyes was very helpful with her comment. You hit the nail on the head for me. Idiotically, the first thing I was concerned about when I awoke from my sedated stupor after 19 strokes and 2 aneurysms was can I still read, write and do math? It never occurred to me to wonder about my personality. It even took me days to realize I could not speak or move at all. I thought I was speaking and could have sworn I was responding to the movements they asked me to do. I find staying on task hard, which is totally new to me. I have failed many times. I no longer work or drive, so I miss my social life, feel a bit lonely, but when there are people to visit with, I don’t feel like bothering much of the time. I was a very loving person before, but have trouble with being aggravated or annoyed often these days, have to quash it. Also, I tend toward apathetic these days. That would never describe me before. I really do care, just not so much that I will take action as I would before to be helpful and show love and care. It has been a year and a half now, and I am still healing, it is just in smaller and slower increments than at the incredible speed of the first 6 months. I am also still exhausted much of the time and wonder if that will ever go away or at least lessen. Some days are pretty good and I get a thing or two done, but then the next two days, I feel lathargic. For now, I am still keeping hope. I am unsure when the appropriate time to accept will be.

1 Like

This is a difficult one. I found acceptance came in stages for different parts of my recovery. I have mobility issues & no idea whether they will ever improve. I have come to the acceptance point with it but with a bucket load of hope that it will improve. I guess I made the decision that i needed to move my life forward and not be totally focused on my stroke.

Hope you find that place soon.

Ann x

4 Likes