Mri scan??

Hello Kay.jones-skipper123,

I’ve just had an MRI scan (5 days ago). I must admit I’m not very keen being inside a noisy tube for half an hour (sounds like a washing machine gone wrong!).But in my local hospital things had changed for the better. Besides having a hand held buzzer you may use if you want it to stop at anytime, you can have headphones playing any type of music you prefer, also I think the most important thing is, there’s a small mirror like a periscope in the front of you, so you can see what’s going on in front of you. This latest addition is very entertaining and helps you to forget where you are. Hopefully your hospital will have this latest device fitted? I also try and remember that if there’s anything else wrong with me, it will be picked up quickly.

Brugge

Hello Brugge, 

The scanner had all these.  But it was user error.  I just hated it when they secured my head.  

So sir you have my utmost repect.  Without me being anaesthetised there is no way of getting me in an MRI scanner.

I completely understand that it is the preferred method of imaging but wild horses couldn't drag me back.  I didn't even let them start the scan. 

Sailed through the CT scan without throwing a strop.

I can only repeat how much I admire everyone who tolerates an MRI scan. ?????

I’ve had several mri scans. First was in the summer for my prostate. And then a couple following my stroke a month ago.  There is no pain just a lot of different noises which are quite loud and of course you are in a confined space. If you get really stressed you can push the buzzer and stop the process, don’t be embarrassed the operatives are very sympathetic 

The head scan worried me more as I was scared about what was going on in my head. 

The best way to get through it is to shut your eyes and try to relax. Use the headphones to listen to music. 

We all need to find out what caused our strokes. This scan will help them find out. It is a scary and emotional time, we are not alone