MRI Appointment

I have at last got an appointment for a scan on 24th July. I am very nervous but am determined to go ahead with it as I have had this proplem with my head for 3 yrs. and it is about time I knew what it is and can anything be done about it. Thanks for all the previous messages to help me with my panic feeling  that I have when I have had them before. I will post the results when I get them. Norma.

Well done Norma,and all the best ...pippy 

thanks Pippy .

Your be fine x

Brilliant news Norma.  Don't forget to take some eye shades and your own ear plugs.  They do provide them but you have to ask for them and you get to take the eye shades home as a sovenier ;). 

I'm pleased to hear you have an appointment for a scan and hope all goes well on the day. Relax, take some deep breaths, it'll be over before you know it.

I'll be thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Annw S xxx

Thanks Anne it gives me comfort to know you will be thinkingof me.

Thanks for reminding me I will take ear plugs but dont like my eyes covered.Best wishes 

Hi Norma Jean

Are you familiar with mindfulness? There is a body scan exercise which helps with focus on the body. It is easy to access on line. I'm assuming you mean a scan when you go into a machine. I tried the body scan when I was under and it was over before I knew it. All the best!

Hilary

Thanks Hilary I will look that up although I did yoga for 10 yrs. and I do  the relaxation and breathing exercises a lot. Norma.

From my experiences of having 2 MRI scans of my head breathing does help as does counting the rythum from the sounds coming from the machine. I also kept telling myself I can do this! The staff also talk to you to check on you as well as giving you a button you can press if you need a break! All in allnot too bad! Good luck.

Dear Norma, It sounds as if you've got the resources you need but it doesn't stop it being nervous making. All the best, Hilary

Dear Norma, It sounds as if you've got the resources you need but it doesn't stop it being nervous making. All the best, Hilary

when I  had my MRI scans the staff dont speak to you I think it would be good if they did. But thanks for your reply. Norma.