More sadness

I totally agree Huntspete I know soo many being told they are pre-diabetic it is getting ridiculous. My husband is diabetic, as was others in his family so is because of genetics. He is and has always been skinny but on 2 different meds. I have also been told I “could be” pre diabetic. Ohh yeah ?? Every month I choose 2 consecutive days and use my husbands pricked machine before and after meals and I have never gone over recommended figures …. so I just tell the doc no thanks I am not taking meds …… even my husband has a treat now and again …

Avoid fresh fruit ??? Noooo my husband type 2 through genetics, for many years. We all need a good varied balanced diet and we eat fresh fruit every day. Both in our late 70s we do have a decent enough diet … he has never had much fat at all and takes 2 different meds … you should never cut out entirely any food group. I make my own biscuits, have done for many years, and yes with real sugar in. He will have one of those with our afternoon coffee couple times a week. We also both have real porridge every morning of the year, not the instant stuff, yeuk !, but real oats. Slow release carbs there ….

1 Like

Totally sensible response the NHS are too keen to hand out unnecessary meds and the such people get stressed by it all I know I do, stroke is bad enough :rofl:

I am also type 2 genetic. Does he test his blood sugar levels daily? In my experience, fresh or frozen fruit send my blood sugar level rocketing. Every body is different of course.

No, just now and again. He is on permanent steroids and they give high readings for sugar, but we know what to watch for after all these years … I know if he gets a cold or similar his reading will be higher but so long as they stay near 10 mmol that is ok for him. He cannot come off steroids now as he is steroid dependant …