More cake, anyone?

Yummy. Look forward to seeing a picture of the finished loaf…and make sure you have a slice for me :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Bobbi, You are going great guns with your baking, the tea loaf looks more yummy than the scones you made. Moira

2 Likes

Thankyou Moira, we did enjoy it and so went on to make another. :grinning:

1 Like

Trying this bake for a second time.
This is a work in progress. The second run produced a nice looking loaf. The texture was very soft and crumbly. However the flavour was not as strong as first bake. I had boiled the mixture a little and think I had driven off the spicey flavours. Next time I will heat until just at or before boil, stop and allow to cool, hopefully retaining flavour. We will see. I’ll edit the original recipe if there are any improvements.

Some pictures.

Preparing a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper.

The loaf.

Slices ready to be devoured.

2 Likes

@Loshy

I prefer coffee, but it is good either way. :smiley:

Hilary butters them, I eat them, well she does too of course.

It doesn’t last very long.

2 Likes

@Loshy Yes, there is some left for today. :smiley:
If you lived next door I’d hop on my rotivator, motivator, rollator and pop around with a slice on a plate for you to try.

2 Likes

Morning @Bobbi. :yum::yum::yum:. Julia x

1 Like

@JuliaH Hello and good morning to you too! Blue sky, sunshine, looks promising. :smiley:

1 Like

@Bobbi that looks absolutely delicious. You’re doing really well with your baking. Hope you enjoyed eating it :yum:

2 Likes

@Mrs5K thanks for your encouragement. Curiosity with regards to all things has been a feature of my life. It has been natural to want to know about recipes, methods and to enjoy experimenting with their execution. The kitchen has been my ‘play area’ for quite a number of years. My wife has been content to allow me to put together the food we eat.
I’ve captured wild yeast and successfully made sourdough using it, in addition trying out many different sorts of bread. Hilary particularly likes a naan bread, which I call ninja bread, a yeast dough cooked in a frying pan and slathered with home made garlic butter. I also make up my own pizzas. If I carry on, this post will end up being a book.
Sadly at first I was unable to get to the kitchen never mind do anything in there. Recently getting a bit more mobile has opened up possibilities, but I am still fairly limited, I lost use of my ‘skilled’ side and am having to make ham-fisted attempts with my left. Something is always better than nothing however.
I hope to post more about my culinary progress (or should that be return?) as time goes by.

2 Likes

@Bobbi from what we’ve seen, there is certainly nothing “ham-fisted” about the results.

1 Like

Despite your dominant side being affected you’re making excellent progress. Hopefully all your baking will help in getting back more movement in your right side…it certainly won’t do any harm.
You’ve come a long way since you joined the forum & I’m sure your wife appreciates your culinary delights.

3 Likes

Well done Bobbi, your cake looks delicious.:+1:

2 Likes

Evening @Bobbi. It’s what we achieve that matters, adapting as we go. If we are functional in producing what we intend to, no matter if takes longer than before or employs a different method, then all power to us. I got back to using my sewing machine and have managed to recover some seat pads and cushions from an old curtain. I made mistakes, I measured wrong twice, but salvaged it and see it as a reason to keep trying, learning from those mistakes. I will do some more baking inspired by your good self and enjoy eating the spoils on by newly refurbished bench☺️. Julia x

2 Likes

Well done Bobbi, your cake looks great and thanks for the recipe, I will give it ago I have some friends coming round for a cup of tea and a chat.
Keep up the good work.

1 Like

@Dottie thanks for your kind comments. I hope you and your friends enjoy the fruit loaf. Yesterday Hilary and I had a slice with a blob of ice cream, was very tasty. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the recipe @JuliaH

looks good mine never turn out

You @Bobbi know we might be due another of these unkshus CAKES. Note the plain flour not bread flour. So much nicer as CAKE! xx :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: