Mobility and getting things moving, momentarily ceasing moaning

Thanks to an enthusiastic physiotherapist I have recently had a visit from an Occupational therapist.
This has resulted in the ordering and fitting of a board across the bath and a booster seat on the upstairs toilet. Similarly, yet to arrive, a couple of perching stools and an additional handrail for the stairs, (not sure if I’ll be able to sit astride it and slide down, but you never know.)
This means I will now be able to help with the washing up, use a proper toilet and possibly indulge in gymnastics sliding down the banister rail. All of this will provide lighter moments and entertainment at this dour time.
Sadly a relative died recently but I was left his three wheel rollator and a small table which will probably be useful. There is possibly more but my tea is on the table going cold, so I will scoot off now.

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

@Bobbi sorry to hear about the passing of your relative.

Great news on the equipment front though. Well done your physio & the OT. I am now giggling at the thought of you sliding down the handrail. Now that is something I’d like to see……….but you perhaps hadn’t better try it else @HHilary will be after me.

Onwards and upwards it is.

2 Likes

These will be a great help to you. The extra hand rail will help you get up and down stairs. I had several things fitted free by Age UK. If you can afford it, you can buy ‘comfort height’ toilets. They are easy to sit on and get up from. I had two fitted but paid for them myself.

1 Like

@John_Jeff_Maynard does yours have a lid on it ?
Hilary is totally horrified, as far as she is concerned toilets must have lids, the one I was issued with has no lid.
It is a dilemma. There is nothing worse than lidlessness, I think having lids must be next to godliness. The devil finds work for the lidless, it would seem.
There’s nowhere to hang those dangly blue smelly things either, it is so distressing, I believe.
I’ll just have to go and have another slide down the bannister rail.
:anguished:

Sorry to hear of your loss @Bobbi, check the bannister for splinters though before you attempt a slide.

3 Likes

@Rups
You have a point there, Rups. Maybe I should check Ebay for the price for an economical sturdy set of tweezers. Don’t think my Mrs would be prepared to act as splinter puller though. Suppose I’ll just have to be extra careful.

2 Likes

Yes, both have lids. If you enquired about comfort height toilets at a local supplier they would give you full details. We have silent lids too.

1 Like

Ouch that could be painful @Bobbi :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I will be there watching with eyes closed listening for the bump at the bottom when he lands :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

OOOO sounds like a plan, @John_Jeff_Maynard :wink:

There you go @Bobbi we got diddled out of having a lid. I do like the height of the new loo seat though, just needs something to cover the hole! :upside_down_face: :joy:

Hilary. The NHS loo heightener seldom comes with a lid. I think you can buy a comfort height loo from most suppliers. When we bought our two they were described as ‘for tall people and the elderly’. I also bought a radar key for access to disabled public toilets. In Wales you will find most disabled toilets require a radar key.

We will just have to flush and run with umbrella at the ready. :restroom: :womens: :mens: :wc: :toilet: :plunger: :roll_of_toilet_paper:

1 Like