Menopause and dating

Use a walker, after overcoming total paralysis etc.  Husband left me when I became disabled.  Boyfriend passed a few years ago, and was crushed mentally again. Had menopause some years ago.  Am 55.  Will I ever find a bloke again???  Think I'm relishing my independence too much now........mind you, it's perfect for self isolation LOL!

PS  Have been breaking my heart crying, after writing the above.  I am convinced I'll never be in love again, and find that v v sad.  Am so embarrassed, but know it's good to talk, and I'd love some advice soon please?  Thanks and stay healthy guys!

I went onto a dating site and thought honesty was the best policy, but after 3 weeks I thought maybe its best not to be so upfront right at the begining and just tell people if they respond. But no contact either way. Im afraid Ive come to the same conclusion as you. 

I guess youve just got be who you are and wait for the right person to come along, it cant be forced. 

Absolutely.  Have tried dating sites extensively before.  They are always fine about my slight disability, then always either stand me up, or cancel the night before we meet!

Love my independence, and my boyfriend Billy was exactly the same = it was perfect because we were both 100% faithful. Was always very popular.  Life is good!  Great friends and family. Have decided, am OK either way if someone comes along, or not! Their loss haha!  Thanks.  Peace Carolewink

Sounds like you have. Ad a. Rough ride .you sound. Like a strong. Person

Yeah, it has been really tough and difficult.  Am loads stronger than I thought!  Peace Carole yes

Haha never say never, nobody nows what's around the. Corner,?

Everything happens. For a reason ,but  you sound like person. Whom has provied so many people wrong ?

Way you embossed about. What . You are a fighter anybody. Can see. That ,you would met the right person when you're least expecting it ?

Well done , but  I'm glad that you ain't carrying all the past ,it's gone. That heavy baggage has been put away ,it's the. Path. Forwards that's. Important. We can all go forward. And enjoy what's ahead x

Well done , but  I'm glad that you ain't carrying all the past ,it's gone. That heavy baggage has been put away ,it's the. Path. Forwards that's. Important. We can all go forward. And enjoy what's ahead x

It's nice to hear. From. You 'lol I'm getting use to this site, I have 1 dog and 2 kittens ,which I find. Very theraptic ,my partner is a darling I'm so grateful ,he works full time I work part time in a hostel for the. Homeless ,it's such a great job. They ain't got much ,but when I return. To my. Home with my partner and my. Kids I apperciate my life so much   Amanda ?

Catch up with you. Later ??

Catch up with you. Later ??

Thanks Amanda, and too true about looking to the future.  Especially after this coronavirus scenario!  Glad you feel settled in your life.  Guess I do too, and fully appreciate my solitary life during this time!  Peace Carole x yes