Maths games

For those who like numbers, how about a Maths question game?

The next person answers the maths equation set by the previous person, then adds an equation of their own to be solved by the next person.

For example:

5 + 3 + 2 =
Answer 10

Now over to you, here’s the equation to be answered, for those of you that need a little reminder, do the bit in the brackets first, then the rest of the sum.

(9 - 2) + 5 =

Answer 12

Next equation

7+5+3 =

Answer: 15

Next one:

28 divided by 4 =

Answer: 7

Next is

5 × 5 + 5

Answer 30
next question:

5+5x5

Answer 50

Next one
3x5-2=

Next one (1x1)x1+1-1=

Actually the answer to mine was 30.
It was a sneaky one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Multiply & divide come before add & subtract.
Naughty of me & a bit swotty!

@Ingo66 so your equation was 5+(5x5) = 30 is that correct?

I hadn’t heard of the rule ‘multiple and divide come before add and subtract’, guess we all learn something new each day :+1:, I always thought if a part of the sum had to be done first it had brackets around it, but hey it’s be a while since I’ve done maths :rofl:

Answer to your next equation is 1, I think :joy:, though I’m probably completely wrong

I was taught BODMAS (if you care google it)
tackle expression in this order:

Brackets
Orders (powers & roots)
Divide
Multiply
Add
Subtract

(1x1)x1+1-1=

I get a result of 1

(2x7) + (3x2) + (2000 +2) = (answer this year please)

14 + 6 + 2002

(answer = 2022 - this year)

1 Like

Yes you’re correct. Normally the brackets are done first but when there aren’t any then the rule is X & / before + & -
Reading from left to right you apply the rules so if / comes before X on the equation then that’s the order you do them.
I’ve been playing Nerdle daily along with Wordle & Quordle to try and keep my brain active. Plus I use Excel a lot on my job which keeps the grey matter active.
This was only meant to be a bit of fun & I’m sorry if I ruined it by geeking out. :upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking::face_with_monocle:

Hi I won’t get involved though I’m tempted. I was teaching maths on line during lockdown last year and that’s when I had my stroke so I kinda freeze at maths. Don’t know why it’s affected me this way as I taught maths and English. :weary:

That’s a shame. Maybe have a casual hobat Nerdle occasionally to see if you find that fun?

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on with my typing, it’s very similar to just aftr my stroke!
what it meant to say was “maybe a casual go at Nerdle”.
Ther that’s better, stroke alert aborted :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

How about this;

7 + 11 + 3 = ?

Twenty one key of the door

@Ingo66 it is indeed a bit of fun :+1: and I’ve learned something too, so bonus :grinning:

@Loshy I fully understand, we can’t control our triggers, we can always add another game😀

Best wishes

1 Like

Keep playing I might jump in :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Next one

50 divided by 5 + 8