Long haul

Thank you I too have had my dark moments! My lads would be heart broken if I wasn't here I just want some semblance or normality back!!

Ps thanks for 

positivity 

How badly did your stroke affect yours ou Neil? 

Good to hear your walking is getting better well done.  We all have good and bad days up and down but keep going in time things do get better but it takes time all the best des

I have had four strokes starting from the age of 27  and heart attack aged 31 im now 47, my I now have no childhood memories or any memories of my wedding day,my daughter being born or her first steps, my short term memory is getting shorter, (im talking anything more than a month ago i have no chance of remembering), I struggle to read and understand instructions and concerntraet for longish periods ( i just start to zone out!)

my 3rd stroke took the strength of my swallowing so I choke quiet often on smallest of foods and drink

my last stroke (4th)has left me with post stroke fatigue and a  period of not being able to walk (for 3 weeks  although it has returned now)

Baring in mind i used to be a fitness and martial arts instructor and after my second stroke i  went on the building sites and built 5 houses from footings to roofing including water and electrics ( so I have never been 1 to site back and do nothing) I have always been moving around which is why I get so frustrated and angry because i am physically stopped from doing anything with this stroke and it was caused by having a covid vaccine and i even guessed ths would happen even though my doctors and nurses said it wouldnt ( before i had my jab! they knew I had a blood clotting disorder and i had the Astra Zenica jab and they day after my jab it was all over the press people were dying after having this jab) i know of somebody even now still in hospital through clotting 3 months after her jab. so yes I am frustrated and angry about this and yet again I havent been getting helpthrough any of my ill nesses despite being promised i would be helped i have just been let down and forgotten about time after time. is it any wonder i have had a breakdown going through all this and much more?sorry I am venting off like i do from time time.

neil x

Morning, sorry to hear about all your stokes, I’m similar in the way of being so fit and active. I played semi professional football and can’t even manage a walk and back to my corner shop without being so tired and having to sit down. Instructions and intake from people is hard as I forget pretty much straight way. 

I hope you get the help needed to progress but I get what you mean your left and have to chase up yourself to find things out ect. 

not too sure where your from but im from birmingham, and my friend from Bromsgrove (just 4/5 streets away is geting loads of help), so thank you ,im glad its not just me!!