Life is really terrible

Have found out that good friend has cancer never smoked always fit, started as skin cancer got treated that was years ago now come back as lung and liver, lymph node what do you say to them life really is sxxt

So sorry to hear of your friends cancer, like you said, life can be sxxt some times.
Do hope with your friendship he can cope with it.
Thinking of him and you.
Jane.

You tell him you love him, and that you’re there for him just to talk. Call him every once in a while, and just say you’re checking in on him, how’s he doing. One thing about having a serious illness is that it is very isolating, because everyone avoids you because they don’t know what to say and are very uncomfortable. Force yourself through that discomfort and make contact, so he doesn’t feel so alone. If you are able and he is able, spend some time with him. That’s the best I can offer. So sorry about your friend.

@Mickyboy so sorry to hear your friend has cancer. I remember receiving that news about my dad.

Just be the best friend you can to them as they will need you to help them through. Try & keep things as normal as possible as I’m sure that’s what they’ll want.

Thoughts are with you & your friend. Stay strong & you’ll get through it together.

xxx

Sorry to hear this Mickeyboy. Unfortunately, bad things happen. I have one old friend who has had cancer for three years and who surprises me by how cheerful and optimistic he is. I have another old friend given six months to live who is still here 15 years later. Having cancer is dreadful but while there’s life there’s hope.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your dear friend, be there for him/her as best you can, your friend will need support.

Best wishes to you both

Sorry to hear u news just be the best friend you can be with kind regards des