Lesson learnt

Glad your having a good time just enjoy the time away with the family ,you will find the new you and in time you won't know any different take care ..pippy 

I kind of get what youre saying Des, I used to be quite active and think nothing of walking 15 miles daily for walk purposes, and get home and do various jobs around the home or on the car. and now the slightest thing i do totally wipes me out! Just putting the vaccuum around the house makes me so tired i need to sit down or even fall asleep on the settee. Its took me almost 6 weeks to paint the kitchen! normally its done in a couple of days. I tried everything to get over this fatigue and its beating me, but on the flip side of that if I sleep or have a snooze in the day i am ruined for the night time Im just about managing to get 3 hours of sleepp a night im down to no sleep at all last night after having a snooze because i patched up a hole in the front wall with  a couple of bricks!!! Im due back at work in 3 weeks how the do i survive on  no sleep and fatigue in the day time because i know when I go back to work my employers are expecting me to be "fit for work"  ( that is not going to happen!) I have so many little jobs for parents and myself to get done i cant be like this for long i hate letting people down especially loved ones with dementia who dont and cant understand no matter how many times i explain to them.

How long have you had the stroke mine is about 8 weeks old I thought after 8 weeks I would be back at work as a carer not a chance. Stroke tiredness  is not like just being torn out and you should not go back to work untill you can cope with it my issuuexis not lack of sleep but too much lol have you talked to your OP or GP if you go back to sooner you. Could harm yourself let me know how you get on all the best des

Hi Des i had my stroke 14 th  April exactley 3 weeks after the AZ Covid jab( which im sure there is a link there despite doctors saying not! i do have blood disorders too!) I need to return back to work for financial reasons more than anything else. such pressure on me to get back to work despite feeling past it already. So I am about 9 weeks post stroke every day feels the same with little or no improvement in anything (not even help from any direction including friends, my work collegues and bosses just want me back to save them doing their jobs as I usually help them out! and had my stroke at work then drove home totally un aware of how ill I was untill i collapsed at home? ( too many unanswered questionand concerns)

i uderstand your points Des , but i cant affoerd to not go back to work unfortunately .

thank you Des

Just be carefully it's there no benefits you can get all the best let me know how you get on do you live alone or do u have a family that could help

Hi Des. yes i am married and our daughter now 22 is in Edinburgh Universtiy but we still got £50k on mortgage to finish paying as well as a car on PCP to gget me to and from work. I have tried claimin benefits all the time cefore but everytime was refused mainly du to being self employed for so long and prior to that because i had life saving I was set to retire at 40 but all that had to go with my previous health issues so now i am pennyless!

Thanks des x will let you know what CAB says

Ok what you tried pip or have you been to your local CAB office. Have talk to your bank about your mortgage can they help. Going back to sooner could make thing worse get advise about your rights at work dueto your stroke let me know how u get on des

Would equity release be an option?? I had a cold caller recently who said people can do equity release to pay off their mortgage. Obviously releasing equity is a form of mortgage but no monthly payments it will be repaid upon death. That's as much as I know about it but may be something worth investigating.

With equity release, whilst it is true you can release equity to pay off your existing mortgage, it can be taken into account later on in life when you take your pension and affect benefits in the long term.  There are no payments until such time as end of life (which willl affect any heritance you wish to leave your daughter) or, and this is the sting, you go into full time care.  If you go into full time care, your property will be sold to pay off the equity borrowed plus interest.  Not something that should be done without advice from a financial advisor. Either way inheritance will be affected somewhat.

Equity release is only available at 55 and over , but I am 47 so not an option to us at present unfortunately.thank you for the suggestion

Not looked at PIP yet and my life insurance ran out before my stroke so the timing is just fantastic! so now no life insurance no chance of getting back to work just yet and £50 k to pay on the house left. and because im still having test to work out what caused the stroke ( TIA ) even though i know deep down its the covid jab the doctors and consultants wont say it! so frustrating! thank you Des

I do not think you had a TIA there last a few hours and have by and large no long term effects. If you have having side effects from the stroke then it's full stroke be it mild or not.  Do you get any help from the stroke team in your area. Have  you spoken to your GP about this. I would also have word with who the mortgage is with. We have a small bank loans but I will be going to have a word with the bank to see what help if any there is. Ask have said get some welfare advice there could help out there all the best des

I have no help from any direction the gp is hard to get hold of and because i could walk and talk at discharge from hospital they wasnt interested in me, these side effects have come on since being at home, because of being friends with my manager he persuaded HR to furlough me instead of putting me on sick leave. and now furlough is running out in September the bank is quite happy to deffer my mortgage for a couple of months.but that marks my credit rating for when I need to change my mortgage will a couple of months be enough to get back on my feet? so many questions need answering but they all circulate roundeach other. With the same rout cause "MONEY"!

Do you have a stroke team near you. If not go to AandE and see what they say all the best des I know what you mean about money being a problem

im too young for equity release being as im 47 minimum age is 55. neillypooes x

How are things going with you hope all is well

Well done Des to have driven that far and the terrible journey you had? I am back driving but must say I only drive around locally. I must say I can find that very tiring sometimes when the traffic is stop go so once again we’ll done you.
I have always been a morning person but since my stroke 22 months ago it takes me such a long time to come round now and to get going?
I have to allow myself at least 2 hours before I leave the house.
If I ever have to leave the house for 8.30 need to be up by 6 and then by late afternoon I am asleep?
But we are still here not as we were before? but still fighting the good fight.