Lemonade

A reference to @Mahoney’s shingle post. Since stroke I have had two cases of Pityriasis rosea, two does of Norovirus … and now I have contracted Covid. The fatigue, the aching limbs, the chills, the sweats, the headaches, the coughing and vomiting. What a week to look forward to. Impossible to sleep, although that’s all I feel like doing. Am self-isolating at the moment.

2 Likes

Get well soon. I’ve just had it, but not as bad as yours sounds. Mine was more nausea, loss of appetite and clamminess. I slept quite well. Mine lasted four days.

1 Like

Oh no @Rups really hope you feel better soon. Plenty of rest, fluids & pain relief.
Take care xx

1 Like

I’m not sleeping well at all. My brain is awake but my body is exhausted.

I really hope mine lasts for four days. I am not enjoying to say the least. At first I thought it was Norovirus again but the test proved me wrong.

I’m taking paracetamol, it seems to be okay but need to watch my dosage because my memory is a bit scrambled.

1 Like

Look after yourself & really hope it does one very soon xx

1 Like

Rups, I find any minor ailments, almost intensifies now .I know you. Get to bed EARLY. Best David. :grin: .

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Rups, hope it clears quickly.

1 Like

Jane, I escaped it for two years. I don’t go anywhere much. Just my luck someone visiting brought it to me, and I was the only one who got it out of eight people this person was mingling with. I hope you don’t have to experience it, or at least if you do have a mild dose. Mine has started to ease off a bit, but its borderline at the moment. I really do hope I am clear by tomorrow. For me it has been like a prolonged Norovirus.

Sounds vile - Get better soon

1 Like

Aye, absolutely vile, and what has added insult to injury is the self-isolating. I’ve been stuck in a room for three days while I can hear everyone outside laughing and chatting, enjoying the balmy weather. :angry: :smiley:

For me, past ailments were almost pleasant distractions from stroke symptoms the only downside was having recovered, I had to go back to managing stroke symptoms. So, no relief either way. I have been hitting the hay early, in fact, I haven’t really left my bed in three days. :woozy_face:

So sorry you’re sick, Rups. :slightly_frowning_face: We went to church last Sunday, but there was no priest. He was sick with covid. Seems like so many have got it of late. Thought with all the vaccinations we could forget about it. Guess not. Hope you feel better real soon. :heart: Jeanne

Jeanne, one fellow stroke survivor I meet with online via Zoom, said to me that it is not a case of if but when with Covid. I was fully vaccinated with booster. My symptoms have been similar to a long strain of Norovirus, so hopefully that’s it then, however, the potential long-term effects do give me pause for thought. I don’t do flus at the best of times, so do not want prolonged complications on top of stroke symptoms. Hope you are doing okay.

Morning @Rups. That is rubbish luck. Hope you get some rest. Only thing I can offer is that this will pass. Take care of yourself, Julia x

1 Like

@Rups how are you feeling today? Hope you are starting to feel better & can soon escape isolation. Take care xx

Thanks for checking in, I am past the worst of it, I hope. Although now my partner has tested positive. I am still very much contagious, so am still self-isolating. The body ache has gone, thank goodness, still having a mild headache and persistent cough. Am hoping no respiratory trouble ensues. Can breathe okay, but a little laboured, but that may be also part of my stroke condition as had dyspnoea from stroke.

Pleased improving. David.

1 Like

@Rups good to hear you are improving. It does take a bit for it to go completely. Hope your partner goes on ok aswell.
My mum is covid positive at mo too & she seems to be suffering similar to you.
Look after yourselves & hopefully you’ll be back to usual health soon x

1 Like