Knee pain

Anyone had knee pain in knee cap after having a stroke looking at u tube there a good physiotherapist stating that  it could be a weakness with hamstring 

Gillian- I'm afraid I can't be of much help as far as your knee cap goes, except to say there are all sorts of wierd  physical sensations that happen after a stroke, as so many nerves are affected.  I couldn't wear a bra for 2 years as it hurt my ribs (never did before).  After 3 years I am just getting my left ankle to bend properly when I walk downstairs.   It could be that you're walking is mildly affected because of the stroke and that is throwing things off.  I would look into seeing a doctor or a physical therapist about it.   Just don't want it to get over-irritated  and get worse if in case you're not walking the same as before the stroke.  I hope someone else has more information to give.  smiley Love, Jeanne

I had weekly group yoga/physio and that revealed all sorts of minor faults developing in my legs. I now use shoe inserts which helps. I now do morning seated exercises and, after five years of trying, my left foot has rejoined my body. Physio suggested that the end of my nerves were burnt by the stroke. Maybe true. She also suggested my core was way off centre and recommended a magnet bracelet to try to pull the centre back in to line.

I do a short slow walk six days a week.

Lucky me, my knees have not been afflicted.

do give the physio a try. So much to be learnt.

colin

morning. I don’t get knee paid but I do now can severe leg pain, innner thigh and calves amd around my ankles, got bloods tomrrow before they can teybme on meds plus awaiting physio. Hope all is ok with you 

Thanks Colin I got a knee support and wore my calipers it seem to help if it no better I ask if I can have physio didn't know that magnetic  bracelets helps the core this what good about forum you pick up so many tips 

Thanks Colin I got a knee support and wore my calipers it seem to help if it no better I ask if I can have physio didn't know that magnetic  bracelets helps the core this what good about forum you pick up so many tips 

Thanks for advice  I'm wearing tube grip on knee it's helping   had phone call from consultant he told me that it's weakness from hamstring advised to wear AFO permanent  that brings in more challenges  hope you are well

Is the AFO the brace they put that goes under your foot and up the back of your leg?  If so, mine also kept my ankle from bending.   I finally quit wearing it as it was making it hard for me to walk properly.  The rehab therapist wanted me to keep wearing it, but I wanted to get back to normal.  I'm glad I got rid of it, as I progressed better after it was gone.  But your case may be different.  I wouldn't want to encourage anything that might be bad for you.  I think the knee tube grip is a good idea.  Years ago when I sprained my knee badly,  I wore one for quite a while, and it really helped.   After that, whenever it bothered me I would wear it for a few days, and it would help. Thank you.  Yes, I am doing well.  And I hope you are, too.smiley Jeanne

Thanks for that been told now to wear AFO permanently did you find a website that deals with clothing with AFO they told me my knee giving way because my leg gone weak am the annoying thing is that they didn't give me a exercise programme to help with  wearing an AFO going up steps  with a AFO will be a nightmare  having a stroke hasn't help either you can't win  I will try and wear the tube grip for a few days then try  without thanks for your advice and good luck with recovery

Hi again--Just google "exercises with an AFO or walking with an AFO".  Also google "shoes and clothes with an AFO".  There's lots out there.   I also read that an AFO can help with correcting foot drop.   Also,  there are websites that mention exercises to correct foot-drop.   Seek and ye shall find.    Good luck and best wishes.smiley

I often getpain in my left knee cap never when im sitting but when im moving around , had my 1st of 2 strokes 65 days ago 

Thanks for that I will do that you take care xx