It's been a year

Hello everyone. So this is the day last year when I went to work on a peaceful Sunday morning to collect blood for the NHS donor service that everything changed for me. I am taking the opportunity of giving thanks to those who have supported me through some very bleak times. Finding this forum and being able to honestly and openly be involved with others in similar situations post stroke has been priceless. So thank you, all of you that make this forum what it is. :heart:Julia x

12 Likes

Hi Julia
& thank you for your kind words I too have gathered strength from this site which like yourself has helped me immensely in understanding the situation I like many others have found themselves in after their stroke .
Keep your chin up & enjoy that car . I myself am just off to the gym for a swim … ppl call it swimming I’m more inclined to say a gentle impersonation of a drowning man :rofl::rofl:
Take care
:red_car::+1:t6::red_car:

5 Likes

Diolch @JuliaH, you also have made this forum that inclusive place too.

3 Likes

Hi Julia, I hit my one year anniversary last month. Well done and let’s hope there are many more. I totally agree with you about how helpful this forum has been.
A lovely buch of oddballs we are! But oddballs with many similarities and shared experiences.
Good to hear from you and keep improving.
All the best.
Mark

3 Likes

@JuliaH a day for reflection no doubt. You’ve made it to the first anniversary having made loads of progress. This forum is a great place for support and it’s good to see it has helped you. It has me too. It’s a great place for advice and support and just to vent if we need to.
Here’s to the next 12 months and even more progress being made.
Best wishes xxx

2 Likes

Thank you all for being there and making this such an inclusive and helpful space

3 Likes

Thanks @Mahoney , for your support as well. You were one of the first to welcome me after I made my first post.
It’s great to have this special place where we all feel able to open our hearts and help each other.
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for your kind words. May the next year see you improve further.

1 Like

Hi Julia well done for getting through a very difficult year. I’m only 8 weeks into my journey. Last 2 have been draining mentally and physically but I’m fighting on and seeing positive posts like this is motivation to belive things will get better for not just me but my family xxx

1 Like

That year is done and now a new year waits full of possibilities. I am just 3 months in and wondering what my body will be like at the 6 month mark. Way to persevere. May hope and joy be yours as you head into " the new" before you.

1 Like

One exercise at a time and one task at a time no matter how slow it goes. Progress will happen over time. I grieve at the before that is no more and then try again. You are doing this hard thing. Blessings as you persevere.

1 Like

Hi Julia wow milestone one year on from day you won’t forget it’s been nearly eleven months for me had my stroke Boxing Day last year so kind won’t forget that day not best way to celebrate day after Christmas Day kind come down with big bump but lot water as run under bridge for me since then and guess same for you but I hope things have improved for you since that day and you are getting stronger each day as that’s only way forward one day at time and make most of life each day I made bucket list of things I won’t to do which as help me to move forward each day and make most of things take care stay positive best luck wishes going forward in you next years ahead and enjoy and make most each day

1 Like