Introduction and plea for help

@Justin so pleased it went well. A good friend is worth a lot.

3 Likes

Hi Justin, I’ve only just (in) caught up with this post and it looks like everything is working out really well. I’m so pleased you have a few loyal friends that have stuck by you and it sounds like this new lady is a good’ un.

3 Likes

Yea it’s amazing how different you can feel just by consciously deciding to do something rather than just talking about it.
I’ve been keeping myself busy,even the Dr finding all new things to test me for(got high white blood cell count)hasn’t slowed me down.Im conscious of not doing too much all at once,but am filling my days better now and not sitting on my own for days.
I’ve been doing the odd zoom meeting too and enjoy chatting to Bobbi and the others.I been doing a trial thing I found on here about organised activities and mood after stroke,which has been good too.The only gripe I’ve got is icope rang me told me that a therapist would ring me the next day to organise my face to face and have heard nothing back for over a week.Im gonna get the Dr to ring them on Tuesday when he’s taking all my blood again😂.So all very positive at the moment🤞just gotta keep from having a meltdown and letting it drag on for days

4 Likes

Stroke can effect speech and seeing also balance

2 Likes

Sat by the letterbox today,hoping one of my kids would’ve maybe sent a father’s Day card but alas only a speeding ticket came through my door so a few tears here today.But off to the Ramada at Stansted tomorrow and on the plane to Spain 6am Monday.I guess I’ll just keep on keeping on hey@Bobbi😁

3 Likes

I am truly sorry about the kids forgetting Father’s Day. I don’t know their ages or reasons, but I will admit to forgetting those things myself. I haven’t had parents for a very long time, but when I was young and still had them, many times it was a matter of lack of money or waiting until last minute and being very embarrassed about it, so would send late or hope it wasn’t noticed that I had forgotten.

Spain is the number one place I would like to visit. A friend’s daughter owns a bar in Cadiz. I would love to visit there, as well as Jerez and Malaga, then up to Ibiza. Mostly for the food. I hope you will enjoy some of that savoriness for me while you are visiting. Bon Voyage!

1 Like

Thanks DeAnn,it’s there mum getting in there ears,making me out to be the bad guy.They are 25 23 21 and 14 and two of them have there own children so it’s not that they forgot.I knew it wasn’t gonna happen but you always hope.Im fine just had a wobble yesterday.Today I’m busy packing,and then two hour drive(done in two parts,then night in the airport hotel)Arrive in Alicante about 9:15 tomorrow to see my mum and my brother (who thankfully is meeting me at the airport)I’ve decided I can’t force anyone to want to be in my life,so I guess I’ll just leave them to there own devices.And one day things will sort themselves out or they won’t either way it’s in god’s hands now.

On the subject of enjoying the food,our neighbours Maria and Miguel cook me the nicest rabbit paella whenever I go out and my favourite is his egg n potato tortilla.But all the little side dishes are so tasty,they do a version of deviled eggs mixing the yolks with chilli and hummus,sounds weird but tastes great.Cant wait to get eating​:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

@Justin so sorry the fathers day card didnt appear. Must be difficult for you.

Have a lovely time in Spain though. I love going to Majorca & always look forward to returning.

Safe travels.

Best wishes

Ann x

2 Likes

Thank you Ann,I got a father’s Day text from my niece♥️and one from my grandsons mum(my boys ex)so not all bad😁
Yea looking forward to getting back to Spain,I’m going out to pick mum up so she don’t have to fly back alone♥️(she’s a stroke survivor too and hates flying)

3 Likes

Enjoy the break Justin. My son is off to Tenerife with his mates at 5am tomorrow morning (getting a train to airport thankfully).

4 Likes

Had a nice dip in the pool ,much more comfortable in there today.Yesterday was ok but bit nervy to start today did couple lengthsno problem

4 Likes

Thats great @Justin you’ll build more confidence each time you try x

4 Likes

Well good lord is every one Father’s

1 Like

Well I’m sitting waiting for my first face to face councelling session at icope,fingers crossed it all goes well.ill update later

4 Likes

All seemed to go well,she said two weeks and they’ll have action plan in place for me.Even better news as well Blood tests came back my white blood cell count being high is not down to leukemia,still don’t know why it’s so high but at least it’s not the lurgy.All in all a productive day

5 Likes

@Justin good news re the blood tests & sounds like your icope appointment was positive too. Things moving in the right direction for you.

2 Likes

Thank you.Its a big weight off my mind and yes it was probably one of my most fruitful days post stroke,I feel drained but I feel like for the first time in months I’m gonna sleep like a baby not lay in bed with my mind racing for hours and I can’t wait

6 Likes

Great news, Justin ! I also feel absolutely exhausted after my counselling sessions - all that talking about feelings … just not natural :rofl:

3 Likes

I am with you Keith, although I worked in the field for 18 years total. I did notice in that time, that people became much more kind and thoughtful once they had been sharing them for a little while. I think it was the empathy and compassion coming out not only for others but for themselves. I am finding I have even more of both myself these days. I do feel a bit selfish at times, because now I have more compassion for my own feelings. I wasn’t even sure how I felt most of the time before. Now I do bother to at least stop in and ask myself how I feel and what I want. It’s quite refreshing. Wish I had found help for me much sooner. Still haven’t found my own talk therapist, yet. I lean toward thinking it helpful, one on one, or in a group.

3 Likes