Immune system and stroke

Hi all, firstly apologies for not replying to those who had sent me information etc … been seriously ill :roll_eyes:

I’ve now been diagnosed with Hypogammaglobulinemia (try re embering how to spell that post Stroke lol!:thinking:)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this in relation to having a Stroke. Apparently my Immune System is in trouble, probably has been over the years on reflection.

Any ideas appreciated, especially any Forums on the subject.

Hope you’re all doing as well as you can best wishes, Anne :sparkles:

@ZX1 hi Ann I’m sorry you have been diagnosed with this but now you have more answers. I don’t know where you can look for support but if you Google there might be a support group on line like we have on the stroke forum.

Lots of luck and take care keep talking best wishes Loraine

1 Like

Thanks @Loshy, How are your wrists? :sparkles:

1 Like

It’s more my hands, the scars are healing slowly. The right hand is working 50% and no more pins and needles but do get numb fingers when I wake up. Left hand is still in healing process. So not sure. But I’ve had both done now and I can sleep better thanks @ZX1 Anne :hugs:

1 Like

Well, @Loshy I’m glad to hear there’s some improvement, early days though. And great that you can sleep better. Did you know you can buy wrist splints for sleeping at night, specially made to fit your wrist/hand?

Take care and I hope you’re have more improvement as time goes on :pray::sparkles:Anne

1 Like

@ZX1 hi yes I have some splints but it went on fir a year. I left it to long or should say doctors did. They should have referred me. So I was diagnosed with advanced carpal tunnel. Meaning the elasticity is poor in my hands and painful. But thanks :hugs:

1 Like

Hi Anne, @ZX1 sorry to hear you’ve been seriously ill. As if a stroke isn’t enough to deal with.
Sorry I don’t know anything about hypogamma thingymajig but hope they can help sort it for you. I’m awaiting further appointments in relation to blood issues & keeping my fingers crossed they can treat it.
Hopefully someone on the forum can shed a bit of light on it for you.
Best wishes.

Ann

1 Like

So sorry to hear you have this new condition to worry about and that you have been ill with it, wishing you all the very best, big hugs

1 Like