I'm 5 Days post stroke came out quite lightly considering i think

5 days post stroke and not sure how far i should push myself, luckily i can walk and talk, still have weakness and slight coordination in left leg and arm

Hi Seb - You did come out lightly! Still, you brain/body has been traumatized. So, right now I think you should give it/them a lot of rest, as even though you can’t see it, your brain is in healing mode. As you feel stronger in weeks to come, it’s important to keep moving and using the affected parts of your body so the brain can rewire and relearn the areas that were injured during the stroke. There are exercises on the net that could be helpful. I ordered therapy putty and small 1 and 2-lb hand weights to strengthen my hand/arm. My best to you. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

Hi axnr, thanks for reply I do feel lucky when I see other peoples stories, i’m still waiting for my
Community stroke follow up and doctors appt to learn more, I have ordered cbd oil as i hear it will aid recovery in the brain. Yet I do feel i came out lucky considering others

@Seb1 welcome. Sorry you’ve had a stroke. Sounds like physically you are doing ok. You should do what you feel you can manage but just beware the hidden effects that can catch up with you if you overdo it. Pacing yourself is important & resting too. The brain is healing & needs rest to do so.
Hopefully you won’t have too long to wait for your community stroke follow up. They will be able to advise based on the type of stroke you’ve had.
Best wishes

Ann

Hi Loshy
it was a clot, acute infarct, meds are statin 40mg, clopidogrel 75m and lansoprazole 30m, how about you

1 Like

Crikey, whats your mobility like, when did you have your stroke

Loshy yes it was how do you cope ? if you dont mind me asking

Hi Seb,hope your OK, I had a pacs stroke 7months ago ,not too bad considering ,nothing worse than a loss of sensation in left arm and leg .Are you on blood thinners and BP drugs, might be worth asking about if not.