I’m still angry

One with the stroke two being on universal Credit now is so low I can’t move on as the moneys so low can’t even afford to go back to work or even feed my self the help I’ve got from dwp. Gp has been so poor and the cost of living will get worse I’m in big trouble not working and even when I do go back to work

I now the feeling don’t be angry :rage: I loss of all me stuff just keep going with your life with a smile best why .
This my Stoke guide will help you x

1 Like

The dwp have been no help at all waiting to hear from pip

Thank you for the advice

1 Like

@HarDKnocK19 try contacting citizens advice to check that you’re claiming everything you’re entitled too. Everyone’s circumstances are different but there’s universal credit, ESA, PIP, etc plus receiot of some of these benefits may then make you eligible for things like council tax reductions, car tax reductions etc. It all depends on your financial situation but there may well be something you’re entitled to that you’re not currently getting.

3 Likes

HardKnock-- You are not alone. I’ll remember you in my prayers tonight. :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

If you go to the welfare rights officer run by u local council there might be able to help you. Have you tried pip new style ESA. If in UC you should get the rest of the £600 grant soon with kind regards des

1 Like

I tried with pip they said no so I’m re applying still haven’t really had help from council after my stroke

The esa said if I’m going for that it will effect what dwp is giving me so I said no to esa

Its a bit of a minefield i am 8 months post strokes am registered partially sighted now and am up to walking half a mile a day with a stick was told cant claim for anything for at least 6 months post stroke as you may get better lol myself and Dawny have been living on her wages of £600 a month and have used most of our savings to get by we have an appointment to see what we are entitled to receive tomorrow on a plus side i have received my bus pass 3 days after i applied for it but after me going out on my own the other day and crossing the road 20ft away from the crossing she has confiscated it i wish you all the best and hope you get it all sorted

1 Like

Both me and my husband are in our late 70s, both had strokes this year (plus I had brain bleeds) , retired from work and have to prioritise and manage best we can …we did not get the £600+ that lots who never worked got … in the current financial era this country is in, we realise we cannot ask for a big increase in pensions, and really fed up with folk “demanding” big wage increase or going on strike … where do they imagine the money comes from … fed up seeing young mothers complaining they cannot afford to feed their children, but being interviewed with 6" false nails, dyed hair and smoking … I found out it is costing £18 for fake nails ehh ??? i could feed us for 3 days on that … prioritise … how did they think folk managed during the war ?? I was brought up in a house with no floor to floor carpeting, no central heating, no hot water and a basic loo in back yard, no double glazing and remember drawing on the frost inside our bedroom window …we all survived … yes, today I just feel like complaining about things, and won’t find many who will agree …

2 Likes

@Ismeval you complain away. The joys of our modern day systems hey. It always amazes me how people who say they can’t afford to feed their kids can afford to smoke or have pets, top of the range gadgets etc. Guess that’s one of the mysteries of life…and it’ll never be fair.

5 Likes

Ismeval, ~I think you are blaming the wrong folk for your woes. It is not the worker striking for better wages that is to blame or even the mother with 6 inch nails. It is the bosses who are making us subsidise poverty wages while they make obscene profits. Instead of blaming workers for your pittance of a pension, you could be right beside them demanding an appropriate raise in your pensions Hell Sunak even promised you were going to get one…but now they crashed the economy to give bigger bonuses to bankers and give tax breaks to billionaires you aren’t getting it - as always…those most in need will be punished to fund the give aways to those least in need. As long as they keep us divided and pointing fingers at each other they can continue to abuse us all.

3 Likes

No sgjools, I stand by everything I have said above … I guess my politics are different to yours …

1 Like

I apologise Ismeval. I think my earlier comment was a little rude. Anyway, now it is Sunak’s turn in No 10…I seriously just hope he honors his pledge to raise pensions and disability benefits in line with inflation. Fingers crossed.

A definite Gear/Grinder for me that & know a family near by who have all those trappings & more .
Yet society 2day I guess deems it’s the “NORM”
:rage::rage:

1 Like