I’m new to this but does anyone feel they’re worse physically several months after stroke than you were 4 months after?

Thanks so much for reply - arthritis has now been ruled out! The pain is worse than ever so hoping a tens therapy might help or reviewing my meds again when I can finally have a proper discussion with someone!

Thanks so much for reply - arthritis has now been ruled out! The pain is worse than ever so hoping a tens therapy might help or reviewing my meds again when I can finally have a proper discussion with someone!

Hi

My GP has told me to discontinue taking Avorstatin for a couple of days before and after having my second Astra Zeneca vaccine jab on the 20th.  Marylin

Thank you for your response - I hadn't seen the replies sent until today as I haven't logged in but they have been very helpful and I am going to look into statins being an issue? Little steps forward but fingers crossed- positive 

Thank you so much for your responses - very much appreciated 

regards Jen 

Thnk you David!

Hi Jen I had my stroke in 2021 it was severe but through determination and being open to trying anything I’ve got to walking badly stick fre in my house and up to 30 minutes park walking with a stick but my pain levels are up and down which at 60 means my legs don’t work as well as I would like.
Hopefully your pain levels are under control band arthritis is not an additional problem.

Good luck and take care.
Mark

2 Likes

I’m a little confused
(You might say that it’s easily done these days :slight_smile:

Do you know you replied to somebody who hasn’t logged onto the forum in 4 years?

It’s possible you’ll get a reply because your post will generate a notification - If the migration of the forum between platforms has worked they might get it too

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry my mistake I was looking through historical posts and this one struck a cord so replied without thinking.

4 Likes

I almost did the same thing earlier today on a different
historical post😂
But on a positive note, Jen might give us an update😉

1 Like

Hi Mark @mrfrederickson
I often look at historical posts and wonder if I commented would the notification cause the person to say hello

It would be interesting to hear how people would ask for help are r fairing 1,2 or more years on -

Maybe it’s also a indicator of about the challenges of this platform? Generally it seems to be newcomers who do it. So I wondered with yourself, being an old hand as it were whether you had a specific reason or was it just a strokie brain I guess the latter :slight_smile:

I was also thinking with your comments recently on having a underperforming upper limb and with me having the same and @pando and I suspect others whether we might have an online meetup/ class to share tips exercise program and commitment?

What do you think?
Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Excellent idea I’m up for that, my response was out of kindred association plus hopefully learning of some other perspectives and successes.

2 Likes