HRT and stroke

Morning all , I’m just looking for a bit of advice . I had my stroke last year dec 21 , I’ve since discovered I have PFO , I am waiting to see if I can have this closed . Does anyone on here use HRT there has been a lot of media coverage lately, from what I’m reading tablets are a definite no no but I was wondering about using patches can you use alongside Clopridgrel and Atorvastatin , I have a doctors appointment next week but just wondered if any of ladies on here had any ideas. Thanks :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello @Lizzybobs i was taken off my HRT tablets when i had my stroke. I wasn’t offered an alternative but that was probably because i was 9 years into my menopause so they felt i would no longer get any benefit from them. I believe patches and gels are alternatives that can be used post stroke. Hopefully your GP can find an alternative that works for you x

1 Like

Thank you all , I will have a chat with my doctor next week and see what he thinks definitely don’t want to increase the chances of another stroke :heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x::kissing_heart:

1 Like